Monday, March 4, 2013

March 2013 - L.A. Marathon!

Almost spring time!

We had a very hectic holiday season. I feel like we are still recovering. James spent December in Barcelona while I was in Arbitration (similar to a trial, in fact, this one was just like a trial, and was so involved and exhausting). Things have not let up too much since then with either of our jobs. James is leaving to go to France for one of the annual meetings, and my office has a few trials coming down the pike. 

We have been trying to enjoy this year's extra heavy snow fall (I'm not even kidding) by spending some time at the slopes. James is doing pretty well having switched from skiing to snow boarding. I am just trying to keep up my nerve on skis and trying not to get hurt, so we've both been taking it slow and easy.  I have also been training to run the L.A. Marathon, which is coming up in (gulp) three weeks. March 17.  I have been training like crazy and would hate to miss the run because of a skiing injury! We have also been enjoying watching the Stanley Cup Champion L.A. Kings games - even getting to go to a few at Staples Center. 

I had an incredibly fun birthday, celebrating with friends at a middle eastern restaurant with tons of food and dancing, and a belly dancing show at the end of the night.  This past weekend, my sister Becky and I spent 24 hours in Las Vegas to meet up with my mom for her birthday! It was a really fun treat to meet in Vegas and spend some time together. 

James's sister Jill is getting married in April, so we are gearing up for a trip out East for that. We have another east coast trip for James's friend Thomas's wedding in July. Otherwise this year may be a bit less adventurous than last year, though there is still time to come up with something!! 

For the Marathon, I will be posting a sponsorship link on Facebook for anyone who wants to "buy a mile" - every dollar of proceeds will be going to the Alzheimer's Association. They will be $20 each. Keep an eye out!

James and I at Ashley and Justin's wedding on New Year's Eve.

At my coworker Carol's wedding in December 
At my coworker Carol's wedding in December 


No comments:

Post a Comment