Monday, July 13, 2015

Lazy Sunday

So at the end of the day yesterday I was feeling like I had really wasted a Sunday and been a lazy bum. I have to admit, I watched a LOT of TV yesterday - basically I got caught up in the newly released season of Pretty Little Liars and watched like 8 episodes in a row. Maybe not 8, but it was a lot. 

But when I really thought about it, it wasn't that lazy. And being reminded to make a list of "dids" instead of "to dos" I set about making a mental note of everything we did yesterday:

At brunch I was attacked by a double "up" with little arms and fingers reaching up into the air.
What else can I do about that? The double hold. 
Why I don't bother taking weekly photos anymore
1 - Met friends for brunch. This is #1 because I am always proud of us when we get the girls out and we eat out places. Its not easy, and takes us like, 45 minutes to prep to leave the house! 

2 - Fixed my closet AND hung my clothes back up. My closet dowel broke off the wall, so my clothes have been on a chair in my room. No longer!! Not to mention, Josie hung out with me in the closet while I did this. Bonus points for anything involving a baby. 

She took the cell phone I was playing with!!!!
(moments later) She took the cell phone I was playing with!!!!
3 - Organized the junk drawer. That seems like an oxymoron, but you gotta throw away those expired coupons to make way for more coupons that will eventually expire. And charging devices for phones you no longer own.

4 - Organized our mortgage paperwork. I've had all of this in multiple piles in various places around the house for almost a year now. Finally got it into the filing cabinet.

5 - Did two loads of laundry. Extra points since Josie and Alex "helped fold" - meaning, they unfolded stuff I had just folded and put it back in the basket because they were being helpful. :) so sweet. Eventually I moved the folded clothes piles onto the counter out of reach.


Josie was in a bad way after nap time - collapsing in
tears on mom was all she really wanted to do. Teeth I think.
6 - Washed the windows and stainless steel surfaces. OK to be fair I have to do this daily because these spots are where the girls put their little hands the most. AND they love to help me with this task - I spray a spot and give them each a paper towel and they wipe. So minus points for me? 

7 - Emptied the dishwasher. Daily task. Not exciting. Would be more rewarding with a dishwasher that did a better job at actually cleaning dishes. :| Also scrubbed some pans with steel wool. 

8 - Made breakfast and dinner. Made the girls breakfast and dinner. And a million snacks. 

9 - General neatening: Put our things away, picked up toys. Another daily task, but this time it had a purpose - to find Paci #2!! Paci #2 was never found, so girlfriend had to sleep with just ONE paci. She did great though! 

10 - Gave the girls a bath. Seems harmless but this can get really hairy if one decides bath time is over way sooner than the other, or, you know, someone pees. :S Best case scenario the pee is in the tub. 

No comments:

Post a Comment