Monday, January 11, 2016

Weekend in Review

We kicked ass at this weekend.

James and I had a wonderful movie and dinner Friday night, then spent the rest of the weekend re-organizing stuff, getting rid of old stuff and holiday boxes, and building the new stuff. We took a break to go to a friend's first birthday, and everyone had a great time! I just have a few more things to do tonight and I will have finished everything on my post holiday to-do list! Yes! 

I finally assembled the kitchen the girls got for Christmas from my mom. It took a long time, and required several breaks and looking up a few steps on the internet. The instructions were terrible! Thank goodness for youtube videos of basically everything. 

This....was intimidating.

Organizing the pieces...which took 30 minutes.


3 hours later!

Fully stocked!



I also assembled the office chair I got James for Christmas, so he is stylish and comfy when working on his projects. Most of the assembly required strength, so James had to take it apart and re-do it with some muscle behind it lol. Oops! 



I gave away PILES of the girls' old clothes, and was brutally honest with myself about getting rid of everything. I have had a horrible "keepsake" obsession with outfits but the whole closet just can not be filled with clothes that don't fit for the sake of "keepsakes." Off it went to a friend and I can't wait to see pictures of baby Nora wearing it all!



We all had a great time at our friends' son's 1st birthday. They got a bounce house and it was fun to play in there with the girls since there weren't too many kids in it. The girls can't stop talking about the cake, pizza and popcorn they enjoyed at the party.  They are also obsessed with singing Happy Birthday now. The girls took turns playing with the electric car our friends have, and Josie really took to it. She was cracking us all up driving around like she's always known how. 


Attacking daddy in the bounce house.

giving some jumps a try!


Alex's turn!


Singing Happy Birthday!
  
Alex smiling for a selfie and saying "cheese!"

Our friend took these gorgeous photos with her really nice camera!
Its so nice to have one of me with each girl! :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG I wish we lived closer so I could have taken some of the girls clothes off your hands! :) - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish!! We had so much! And seems like everyone we know is having boys!

      Delete