Monday, April 19, 2010

Update from the West! 04/19/2010

Not too much to report from the West!

 We are as settled as we can be in our new home - no forward movement until we buy some furniture and as far as that is concerned, we are waiting to save up enough to really make a difference rather than buy a piece at a time, but more importantly, its a great way to delay having to make some style decisions. I honestly have NO style and need Candace Olsen (of Divine Design on HGTV fame) to magically appear in my house and make it work. :D

James is in Brazil for work this week, having just returned from Orlando (and going to Singapore next month). He is enjoying better weather than what we've been getting here (rain again tomorrow, weds and thurs AND next week!). I am grateful that his flight was not affected by the volcano! And certainly hope he makes it back without delay as well! (I hear that this is most likely NOT a concern)

 We just had a wonderful Easter with friends - many of whom don't have family out West, as we like to say: the group of "Misfit Toys." It is nice to get together with the urban family on Holidays when visiting family is not an option.

 We are excited to be adding to the urban family soon as Kenchy (groomsman in our wedding) and Melinda are expecting a baby in August! We are SO excited for them! Matt (also a groomsman in our wedding) and Monica are also expecting "Baby 2" any day now! We love their son Calvin to pieces and can't wait to meet Baby 2!

Work is going really well for both of us - we are both keeping busy with no sign of slowing down. I was also elected to serve on the Southwestern Alumni Board (I was previously a committee member) which has been really fun and is keeping me busy. We are having our annual Alumni Board silent auction, which we use to fund merit based scholarships, this Thursday. It is definitely an honor to be elected to the board and I am really excited to have a hand in the future of my law school.

 Becky and I are running a few half marathons this year, the first is coming up in about a month (May 15). It has been really fun to get back into dedicated running, and since we are running the Palos Verdes marathon (a very hilly neighborhood south of Los Angeles) we've been trying to get ready by running some serious hills and hiking. We just recently hiked to the Hollywood Sign, which was awesome. I had never been, but that is definitely the way to see thecity. There may be a marathon sometime in 2010....we shall see! Keep in touch!! LOVE Roxanne and James


At Jen and Raj's for the annual Tiki Party

No comments:

Post a Comment