Sunday, February 12, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

James will be on his way back from a long work trip tomorrow - he has been in Panama and Chile. This has probably been for the best because in the meantime, I have been working with the partner at my firm on my first ever jury trial. We have been fully immersed in this endeavor now for about 10 days, and we expect closing arguments to take place this coming Friday. Thank goodness the courts are closed tomorrow for Lincoln's birthday, it is giving us some much needed time in the office to catch up on everything else! James and I are both looking forward to being home and enjoying some stress free relaxing (maybe next weekend!)

We had a wonderful Christmas back east in Connecticut. Santa really spoiled everyone and the time off was great - very relaxing. It was fantastic to spend some time with Barbara and Eric and the Connecticut family.

January was a fun month - We really enjoyed Patrick and Maureen's new year's eve wedding.  James made a wonderful best man and made a very touching speech that had me in tears.  Thanks to New Years Day falling on a Sunday, which we used as our travel day, we were able to be back in Los Angeles in time for the Rose Bowl game! We joined our friends Dan and Jil for some tailgating about 6 hours after we landed at LAX. We wore our crazy hats that Becky got us for Christmas (meant for sledding, but there was no snow!).


Later in January I celebrated my 35th birthday - a little early (it is actually the 23rd of February) but my friend Missy K and I decided to join forces and rented an awesome box suite at Staples Center to watch a hockey game. The suite was more than I could ask for and I had an awesome time.





We are looking forward to some quieter months ahead - not too much on the calendar for March and April - thank goodness!

xoxoxo Roxanne and James

No comments:

Post a Comment