Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/11/2012 - it has been too long



It has been way too long since I updated the blog.  My main excuse for this is that we haven't really had any photos together lately. I know this is a LAME excuse. Well, this weekend, since James is in Macau, I thoroughly cleaned and neatened my house. Immediately after that, I ransacked it looking for something (that was never found, by the way). I looked around at the mess I had just created and decided it would be a perfect time to organize some things, which is when I found the photos, below. And a perfect excuse to update the blog.

My last check in was in February. Since then, we attended our friends' wedding in Vegas (Dan and Brigid Arcari), I went to a Bachelorette party in Vegas, then we went to another friends' wedding in Vancouver (Steve and Simone Scaia).  All wonderful trips and some good time together. We also had family visits - my sister Stephanie and her boyfriend Dave, my dad came to visit, then James' mom was here. All of the visits were so wonderful, its a great excuse to tour our city as tourists!

Work is good. Keeping busy and active. I am way too busy with my alumni board and homeowners Association Board - I will likely quit the HOA when my term is up for renewal in February. We are keeping active and James has taught me to golf and I am really enjoying that!! I am still going to the gym and am now doing Zumba, and James just completed and passed a Sailing Certification course. Now I have no excuse not to get on the boat with him. :)

So here are the photos. The first is from my company Christmas party, so December 2004, and about 4 months after we starting dating.

I've never known what to do with my hands in photos - help me Tyra.
These are some Polaroids from our first Valentines Day - so, February 2005. We would have both been 27 years young, and dating for 6 months. These were starting to really fade, and make it look like we started dating in the 70s. I'm glad I found them when I did and could scan them before any more damage.


I'll admit to some "what's happening" anxiety when this photo was taken. 

Not sure what is happening here -
but the Langoliers (nerdy Stephen King reference) are attacking this photo
The next set is from a photo booth at Kenchy and Melinda's wedding in September 2008. So we had been married for 3 months.

Lots of Vampire style biting...
The next set are from a website launch party I think in 2009.




In the coming months, I hope to get some more pictures of us together! We will be heading to Maui, Hawaii for our wonderful friends Dan and Jil's wedding!  We are going to stay an extra few days and make it our annual trip, as well. We have some fun things planned  -  maybe too many things, thanks to Yelp and Tripadvisor and my anxiety about having to do all of the "Must Do" activities, ha ha.  We are really looking forward to it!

Enjoy and as always, keep in touch!
Roxanne & James

No comments:

Post a Comment