Saturday, October 11, 2014

Happy Birthday Daddy! 40 Weeks and 9 month Check Up!!

The girls are 40 weeks old. This week, leading up to 40 weeks, I couldn't get my mind from thinking that we don't have newborn babies anymore. The girls are infants going on toddlers. The footed pajamas I was buying them don't go up any more sizes.








I've been thinking of additional activities we can do with babies (non-walkers), and realizing there aren't too many weeks left to have to fill - we will have little girls that want to run around in no time. I have plenty of those kinds of activities in mind and can't wait to go on those adventures.






The girls are crawling and standing up and cruising. They respond to us and try to make us laugh. They have very distinct personalities. They are eating cookies (baby cookies). They have teeth. And (some) hair. They say words, or at least they think they are saying words, and seem to be having full conversations with us and each other.







We had their 9 month check up yesterday. Thankfully they only had one shot (the flu shot) at that appointment. Josie was a total drama queen and cried like crazy while she was being checked out, like as if it was the worst thing that ever happened to her. Alex was typically shy as well and also cried but more because she doesn't love being poked and prodded and definitely not by strangers.





So here are their stats:

                   Alexandra 
                   weight 20 pounds, 4 ounces (75%)
                   height 27.5 inches (50%)

                   Josephine
                   weight 17 pounds, 7 ounces (25%)
                   height 27 inches (25%)




Today is Jamey's birthday, and we have a lot planned. We have, of course, our weekly pictures to take, then after that we will be heading to the girls' first swim lessons (baby bonding swim class, I don't think we will leave there with the girls knowing a breast stroke). James is going sailing with a friend as a birthday treat to himself, while I will be home baking a cake and getting the house ready for guests. Tonight, our nanny Brittany is coming to watch the girls because we are heading out to the haunted hay ride and then getting some Mexican food and margaritas. I am looking forward to all of it!
 






Tomorrow is a much more lazy day, I'll be recovering from all of the margaritas I have tonight, then at 3 p.m. I am picking my mom up from the airport. It will be really nice to have her here, I have saved a ton of house projects, especially those that involve climbing onto ladders in closets, for when she is here and can play with the girls. We have a few busy weeks ahead of us with Halloween then the Holidays but I am looking forward to it all!


No comments:

Post a Comment