Last weekend was HOT!!! We went to an outdoor birthday party, (happy birthday Desi!!!) thankfully it was shaded. The girls had a good time and were only upset about the heat when we got in the car to come home, the seats and belt clips were just brutally hot. The temperature guage showed 107. Not the hottest we have had in Burbank but close!
Failed attempts at taking photos of the girls sitting together.
Hot rosy cheeks and wearing dad's sun hat.
Singing happy birthday and blowing the noisemakers
Getting the royal treatment: daddy cools the girls with a cloth filled with ice
while they dig into some birthday cake!
The rest of the weekend we took it easy. Josie and I had a bit of a summer cold (the worst!) so we watched a movie (attention span is up to about 40 minutes now, so that's an improvement!) and then went to the pool to cool off. The girls tried out their new puddle jumpers (today's version of water wings) and were really giggling in delight when we would let go of them to tread water on their own.
The girls are really coming into a ton of new skills all of a sudden. Josie is saying phrases, like "I got ball!" or whatever else she has in her hand. She is repeating things that I say, so on our way anywhere I point things out and have her repeat after me: Tree, diaper, cereal, spoon, grey, red, flower, etc. So while Alex definitely started talking more first (i.e. pointing at things and saying the right words), Josie is now stringing concepts together before her.
We have also been practicing colors and shapes, and most of the time the girls get the colors right. Alex is also counting to 2. If she has two things, she asks "two? two?" until we confirm that she has two. The girls are also trying to put on their own clothes, and can do it sometimes. Thankfully they aren't insisting on it yet, because it does take forever.
They are getting good at using a spoon and fork, getting cleaner when eating (sort of), and brushing their teeth pretty well. They are insisting on reading books all the time, they are building towers and lego creations on their own, and playing dress up. I don't know why I get so blown away by these things, because obviously they will grow up eventually, but I guess like they say, they will always be babies to their parents.
We had swimming this morning and the girls are killing it in their lessons - so improved compared to even 3 weeks ago, let alone 3 months ago. I had Alex today and she was blowing bubbles and kicking her legs. Its really fun!! We are going on a mini family vacation an hour and a half south to a hotel with a pool and I can't wait to spend 2 whole days in the water with the girls. They will be professionals by the end of it! And I can't wait to not have to wash towels or clean or make food or clean up food! It will totally be worth all of the packing and planning that needs to happen before we go ;) (right?).
In other news, our friends just had another baby, Nora Marie (their son is 3 days younger than Alex and Josie). I got to hold her when she was 5 hours old. :) It was very sweet, and she reminded me so much of Josie!
And here is my project for today - finally put up some more photos on the walls! The only ones we have had up our our wedding photos! It was time to decorate another wall and bring things current!
No comments:
Post a Comment