All week I have been meaning to update about last weekend. Last weekend was fun - James had plans with friends so I was with the girls two afternoons in a row, which isn't too bad now that they nap from 1-4! So it was kind of relaxing.
| I turned around and they had both decided to sit at their table and read books! Adorable! |
| Alex waving hi at the park, too busy to turn around! |
To avoid feeling too cooped up, on Sunday morning we went to the outdoor mall to run an errand, and the girls enjoyed watching the fountains there. Getting there right when it opened was fantastic, as there weren't too many people around, so we could let them run around on their own for a bit. Truly they have NO self preservation instinct whatsoever as they run in complete opposite directions as far away from us as possible.
I always trust "J14" - my mom group that I joined when I first learned I was pregnant. Every item they have recommended has been amazing, excessively played with and loved by the girls. The focus lately has been on fine motor skills. I can tell the girls are getting more coordinated in that regard as they are much better at using their utensils than they used to be. A recent J14 recommended activity was to get some pipe cleaners and a colander and have the girls poke the pipe cleaners through the colander holes. This was a great distraction that kept the girls busy for almost an hour! They were so good at it too - Josie stuck the pipe cleaners in perfectly right away. (I should say, when I got home she was busy putting shaped blocks through their corresponding holes - so she's got this!).
It was my sister's birthday this week. Alex and Josie wore flamingos to celebrate! We had a fun girls night out outing to a wine bar and enjoyed some Pinot Noir and good company (it was HOT though, as it always seems to be around her birthday). We have plans for a BBQ birthday celebration tomorrow, when Tom is off work, and I am making cupcakes for that. She's 35, which makes me thing "well shit, aren't I 35? no?" It has me thinking about age and how people say time goes so fast. I think before the girls were here, nothing was really changing on a week to week basis - James and I kind of always looked the same, our jobs were the same, our home, our cars. Time didn't feel like it was flying. Now that we have little sundials in the house, if not changing daily, then weekly, the time marching by is measurable. Stephanie turns 30 next year and I am not even sure I can handle that! And seriously I can't believe the girls will be 2 in 4 months. FOUR MONTHS!!
Well, I am off for a fun day of swimming in 100 degree weather (ideal) and cupcake baking (excited to try out a new design!)!
![]() |
| Having a snack at the park. |


No comments:
Post a Comment