Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Vacation!

We are preparing for a few vacations, one that we leave for really soon, and one in October to Ottawa, Canada. 

I was reviewing my posts related to our vacation back in December of last year with two 11 month olds to remind myself of what we brought with us, and how it all went (going and coming), in preparation for this trip. Let me just say: what the f@&# were we thinking? 

That said, it went pretty darn smoothly! The girls were great on the plane - though a little excitable and wiggly, its not like I got a lot of relax time or was able to eat anything. But seriously - no crying for longer than a few minutes, no whining, no complaining, no diaper leaks, no puking, fairly happy babies who were smiling at everyone. 

Prepping for a few days in the pool. Hopefully the one at the hotel will have water in it!
I'm hopeful that this Labor Day weekend trip will go as smoothly, as we are just a short car ride away from home, and I am hopeful that our trip to Ottawa will go well, too. Now that the girls like to run around everywhere, I am way more nervous about our plane travel. Making them sit on our laps for 6 hours wont be fun. I can only hope that just like last time, the plane puts them into a hazy daze and we all fall into a deep nap when we take off! I am a bit nervous about us all sharing a room, and what that means for James and I after we put the girls to bed. In Connecticut we ended up watching Netflix and eating dinner in the bathroom, while the girls fell asleep. Here is hoping for a balcony!!! 


Alex taking selfies (no kidding) at Aunt Becky's, 
while Josie dances to Taylor Swift in the background.


I am really looking forward to our little local family vacation this weekend. Its the first time either James or I take time off for something other than a family visit or to visit family in many years. In fact I can't think of a vacation we have had in a long time that didn't also involve attending a wedding or was a Christmas family visit. The weather isn't totally cooperating but hopefully we can get some pool time in and at least have a few good meals and enjoy each others' company. 


A new pass time and sensory motor skill play - 
Pipe cleaners and a colander = $2.60 for an hour of uninterrupted play time!



Working hard at the park!




Josie has been extra sensitive lately, too. I think she is way overtired. She isn't napping well, and I think there are some new teeth involved. Yesterday she started crying after her tv show, Daniel Tiger stopped showing slides. I rewound it and let her watch sliding again, then daddy showed her some sliding videos on youtube (kids sliding into a pool, at the park). I finally showed her the video of her sliding at the park. This was great as long as it was on an infinite loop. But it was bed time. So cue the uncontrollable sadness and crocodile tears. She is also insisting on sliding on our bent knees when we sit on the floor. She's also a total master of the slides at the park, and can even climb back up them if she's barefoot. I guess slides are her thing right now, and no one, and especially not bed time, better get in the way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment