I just noticed the blog has had 20,500 page views. When I started this, back when I was just trying to make a more streamlined way of keeping up with family back East, I never thought it would turn into my platform for sharing my thoughts, fears, anxieties and happiness. Thanks for visiting!
Hanging out with Desi!
Desi and the girls!
This week has been coo coo bananas. At the end of last month, our tenants (who occupy our former condo) gave notice that they were terminating the lease. This was a surprise, as we had worked with them to renew, and we were expecting their renewal paperwork! It ended up being somewhat of a blessing for a few reasons, mostly because they had problems delivering good checks the last few months. Anyway, on Monday, I went on the vacating walk through and was grossed out by the condition of the place. That evening I had texted a handful of painters and cleaning people and the next few days were spent running to and from the condo and work to let people in to do their thing.
I am happy to say the place looks SPOTLESS and gorgeous now, and our new tenants are in the process of moving in. This was all happening, of course, during the end of month push we always have at work to reach our billing goals for the month.
Monday morning photos before leaving for work.
And a selfie with Josie - before make up ;)
This weekend I have intentionally made very few plans, and kept things very loose, as we are packing up for our trip to Ottawa. I just can not believe that we leave this Friday. It seems strange to pack so early for a trip in 5 days, but I'd rather get it out of the way so I can relax, and its not like we will be wearing this long sleeved stuff here! Although of course, its supposed to be 72 and rainy tomorrow!
Train art project from Story Time! So cute!!
The girls are great - other than fighting more than usual (now that they have their separate likes and dislikes, and are also aware of when the other takes their toy) they are both such a joy to be around. In fact, even after a hair tug or a push, if you tell them to "be nice" they go in to give each other a hug. Favorites lately include My Little Pony show, Daniel Tiger, as always, a new Owl from Daniel Tiger stuffed animal, reading all books, and slides/tunnels (playing on our bent legs when we are sitting on the floor - either going under or sliding down them). They love crackers and string cheese.
Now to find a way to keep them entertained inside this weekend, without resorting to endless Daniel Tiger!!
At Games & Thrones
Last Saturday we took the girls to Games & Thrones - 6 minutes away and an indoor arcade that happens to have a soft play area for toddlers. They had a blast! The food there is all made from scratch and parent pleasing, too. We all really enjoyed it!
Love this, looks like "Daaad, stop embarrassing me!"
No comments:
Post a Comment