Thursday, February 25, 2016

February!

I am doing a mostly picture entry because otherwise, a blog isn't going to happen anytime soon. It has been busy at home, at work, in our outside activities (my school work and Jamey's hobby) and in life in general. I can't even really point to anything specific making things so busy, its just a general insanity. 

But I had to check in because seriously in the last 3 weeks, Alex is starting to look like a little girl, and doesn't at all look like a baby or a toddler. Josie is still a bit baby like, and likes when I rock her, so I'll run with that for the next few days because I am sure she is right behind Alex. Also, when you put her hair up, she looks like a teenager. 



When you live in a dessert, you improvise. It had rained the day before, so the girls insisted on putting on these rain boots (3 sizes too big) and filling their buckets with rain water that had collected in their water table and making puddles to splash in. The sad thing was how fast the puddles disappeared into cracks in the concrete lol. 




I snorted so hard when I saw what Josie had created. Hearts on Darth Vader's eyes was too good not to share. Then she really didn't want a picture of her with her artwork, so that's just as priceless. 




Alex's little curls :D 


The girls like to take a seat on the clover. Its pretty cute but the clover really takes a beating from it!


For my birthday my friends and I got a lovely table at the track to watch some pony races. We had a wonderful time, and the weather was just perfect!! It was so nice to get together and celebrate! 





Josie on the carousel at the zoo.




The day after my birthday, Becky and I took the girls to the zoo. We had a lot of fun and after only 3 hours, we were all exhausted and took some nice long naps. Its fun to go with the girls now that they know all of the animals and are really independent. They both pushed their own strollers around the zoo for a while. 

We visited all of the "monkey" type animals - orangutans, chimpanzees, howler monkeys - per request. And of course stopped at the elephants and ate lunch across from the giraffes. 

Another picture of Alex looking like a big kid. 


They requested that I take their picture on the elephant! They also played at the zoo's park and were quite enchanted by an older girl with her face painted who wanted to play hide and seek with them. 




More playing with water after the zoo. The weather here has been too good to waste it indoors!



On my actual birthday, our nanny Brittany had the girls make me some cupcakes, and she took these pictures of them working on them. They also decorated with balloons and streamers. The cupcakes are delicious and the girls had a GREAT time making them, and LOVED singing to me and having me eat one (and eating one themselves). They were just so proud of themselves, it was so sweet, and such a wonderful gift!!!! I came home and they shouted "Surprise, Happy Birthday Mommy!" Oh goodness, my heart melted! 

Again, Alex looking like a kid. 


Hard at work

I love Alex sweeping in the background of this one!

The final result!! Very nice, ladies! THANK YOU!!!!
(or as Alex says now "Deet you!")

No comments:

Post a Comment