Well..that went on a weird tangent.
James and I have been enjoying some time out of the house. Last week we went to a work function and had a nice evening, and this week we went out to pizza with friends. My sister watched the girls so it was really a lovely evening without worrying about the mounting baby sitter bill at home. The girls are also enjoying good one on one time with aunt Becky and they love when Tom comes over with her.
The weather has been wonderful, so the girls have been enjoying some fresh air dining. They take picnics to the park, and are also enjoying our new toddler picnic table outside, a lovely gift from their grandma Barbara!
Bonus points for easy hose-down clean up! The girls are just so much fun outside now - instead of watching them every moment to ensure they wouldn't totally injure themselves on anything, they are now enjoying exploring the outside, looking at ants and beetles, collecting rocks (even though they are our decorative river rocks), playing with their water table, and organizing races in the grass. Its really fun! I actually got some good weeding done while they played hard.
Poor ants don't stand a chance.
Alex was posing for pictures of her hair in a pony tail (we are getting there!) and they both asked for a "say cheese" picture. How cute! What a strange album of photos I have - basically from year 1 to year 2 we have blurry toddler pictures. Glad to finally get some good shots again. Below is a picture of them at the park being pushed by their friend. I laughed my head off when I first saw these, as they do not look like they are enjoying a moment of this, though I was assured they had a blast.
This weekend should be fairly relaxed - we have a few engagements but we will mostly be taking the weekend to get ready for a visit from Grandmere Rachelle. We are all looking forward to her visit, and I think her mind will be blown away with how grown up these girls are!












No comments:
Post a Comment