This morning was a gorgeous day. The girls were home with my mom and Brittany and had the best time playing in the backyard and soaking up the sun. Right now, we are being soaked in a deluge. It has been a crazy few weeks of weather - tons of rain and humidity out of nowhere. But not in the typical Los Angeles patterns where it pours for a few days, no, instead more like a quick storm marching through then back to sunshine.
Outside Playing
Not sure what's going on here, but don't you just want to join in?
And...NOW!!! Insane.
So Blue Apron, the food delivery service, has been a huge success in our house. I was recommending it to a family today, and explaining how fun it has been as a tool to engage the girls. When we first signed up, I felt like it would mean turning on the TV babysitter while I prepped dinner. But instead, it has given me the opportunity to teach the girls about different ingredients and get them to help me with cooking. They like to come over and smell the fresh produce in the box, touch it all, and even help me wash it (spinning the salad spinner is fun times for all!). The service is really forcing me to re-learn how to cook with fresh ingredients. Its amazing what you can make, and how satisfied you can feel, with just a few items from the produce aisle, some fresh spices, a nice cut of meat, and a small handful of carbs (rice, potatoes or pasta).
I should add that the girls do watch some TV (about an hour a day, sometimes more but not too often), so sometimes this is what I do when I don't want to sit and watch the same episode of Daniel Tiger for the 1000th time. Lest anyone thinks our home is TV free in any way!
Josie helping me make a hearty chicken and biscuit dish
Pork and Vegetable Hash
Some of the meals we have made
Ground Beef Sliders and Potato Wedge Fries
Chicken and Biscuits
Lemon Pasta
Steak Tacos
Kale Quiche
Pork Three Ways
Josie helping me peel garlic
For some reason, I have no pictures of Alex helping me (she does!)
so here are some she asked me to take of her eating pasta.
Yes, she said "take more photos of noonoos?"
I sold the girls old bouncer this week - I had loaned it to a friend, and didn't feel like finding a place for it once it was returned. So off it went. The girls enjoyed one last snuggle with snugga bunny.
And for fun, some pictures of Josie in the bouncer -
she was (and apparently continues to be) obsessed with those birds!
Does anyone remember this baby? Geez.






















No comments:
Post a Comment