Friday, March 25, 2016

Friday Randoms

The girls and I had a fun weekend last week while dad was away and my mom is visiting. In an effort to lead a more normal life with kids, and not just run errands while another adult is home with them, we took them to the mall to do some exchanging. We went a little early so they could play in the play area before the mall opened. 

It was all fun until an older kid came by and pushed Josie out of the airplane and took it over. And I mean a much older kid that should know better (7, 8?) so that was disappointing. Good thing Josie didn't hurt herself, but we all know how Josie cries, and it made an impression. The girl came over to say sorry and that was enough for me. 

On our way out of the mall, Alex waved to the Easter Bunny photo set up. She FREAKED OUT when the bunny waved back at her. I don't think she was expecting that at all. It was hilarious. 


Taking turns on the airplane


Riding on the school bus. Thank goodness we had a lot of quarters!


That afternoon, Becky and I joined some friends for the annual St Patrick's day pub crawl. I have only missed one since the girls were born and was happy to join again this year! We had an awesome time and the group keeps growing and growing! 


Sunday we made a trip down to the aquarium in Long Beach. The girls really enjoyed it, loved the animal show and enjoyed spending time with grandma, mom and aunt Becky.




I just love these next four photos of Josie.




I wish I could remember what she was looking at!

And here are some cute ones of Alex getting excited at the Seal show

OMG SEALS!



 After the aquarium, we went and grabbed some food AT A RESTAURANT! (the girls get excited for Restaurants lol). They are doing so good at eating out lately - the food took forever, and while they did have some loud moments, it was happy loud. No fussing, no throwing, and no mess. It was GREAT. I hope this keeps going in the right direction. (We were armed with coloring and stickers, which helped). 




  

We also did some playing outside. It was a long weekend but ended great with James getting home with no issues and getting back into our routine! The girls are so happy to have him back!! 



  

Mom and Brittany ran into the Easter Bunny at the park. #Creepy We have a fun Easter weekend planned and I can't wait to get home and start prepping for it! I've got a few of the decorations up, but need to finish the girls' baskets and eggs for an egg hunt. We are dyeing eggs at Aunt Becky's house tomorrow - should be interesting and I will take lots of pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment