Friday, March 18, 2016

St Patty's Day Week

While James is out of town for work, my mom is here helping with the girls. So last weekend we took the girls to the zoo where we had their favorite, a picnic. This week they have been having fun with my mom during the day while I work, and we have planned some fun activities after work, like finally watching Frozen. It was also St Patrick's Day so everyone dressed in green to avoid pinches.

This weekend we are planning to head to the aquarium and see the fish, penguins and other ocean animals.

The girls are really noticing dad being gone more so than ever before. Every night Josie asks where daddy is and we tell her he is at work. The girls watch a lot of Daniel Tiger, and one episode deals with the parents going out on a date, and dad tiger going to work. The jingle in the episode is "Grownups come back they do, Grown ups come back to you, Grown ups come back" and I caught Josie singing it this morning. Gosh it really tugged at my heartstrings, especially today when I went to work after she asked if I was joining her at the park.

I know the zoo and aquarium are fun, but not a replacement for daddy. And I know he would want to be with us at these activities. But we are all thinking of him and wishing him so much strength and support while he is working hard for the family. Thank you!!


On Friday night we had to run to the mall to help James - he was on his way home and needed a shirt and tie to bring with him. I grabbed the girls and mom and heading to Macy's. 
Alex helped by emptying all of the shirts onto the floor then running in circles around Macy's. It was actually pretty cute, she even ditched Guy and Bear so she could run faster!


You will see these back packs in a lot of photos. A gift from my mom, the girls are OBSESSED with wearing them. They even have leashes attached if we wanted to use those - so far no one is really a fan of the leashes. 



Picnic at the Zoo!



Running around in the clover


Sending funny pictures to Daddy

Alex discovered shopping at the Disney Store.

And...so did Josie. 

That is actually a suit case - its brilliant!!


Trying on St Pats day headbands!
I love this photo of Alex looking up lovingly at my mom.


Josie at her coloring table.


Ham Bone Alex


Its been a warm week so the girls have been enjoying some Popsicles at their picnic table!
I also think Josie is teething, (2 year molars - runny nose, a little bit warm, pink cheeks and chewing on everything, and cranky.*) so even more reason for some icy cold.


*people (Doctors) will tell you that none of those symptoms are related to teething. I believed that at first but now I know better. All of those symptoms go hand in hand with a new tooth. Experience over science on this one. 


Finally St Patrick's Day, and getting to wear our green tops and headbands!
And showing off some Star Wars tattoos






And of course, more Popsicles.


No comments:

Post a Comment