Wednesday, July 20, 2016

A Note About ME!

Back in March, I started attempt #3 at losing the baby weight. Unfortunately, due to birthdays and the holidays, rather than the 15 I had been trying to lose, I had 20 to lose. But this time, I had two things working in my favor: (1) I had a buddy, that I have lost weight with before, and who is the BEST at helping me lose weight and (2) I had a date to work towards: my sister's wedding. 

Its hard to post about starting a weight loss journey, because we aren't always successful. And you have to take it back and say "just kidding."  But this time I can say I have been successful, and I know I will continue to be successful, so I am bragging, because its freaking hard work. After 2.5 years, I am finally just a few tiny pounds away from my pre-baby weight. And just in time to rock a hot bridesmaid dress at my sister Stephanie's wedding! 

Its so great to feel good in your own skin. And I can 100% say with certainty that not liking the way I looked was affecting my self confidence. I excitedly took out my pre-baby clothing this past weekend and filled my closet with stuff I haven't been able to wear in over three years, and got rid of stuff I only ever intended to have for a short time.  It is fantastic and I look forward to continuing the journey towards a new goal. 

Something else I recently did for the first time was go away without the kids. My sister and I went to Vegas to celebrate Canada Day and had the BEST time. Then, our friend met up with us the next day and we went to see Brittany Spears in concert (she has a permanent residency at Planet Hollywood). It was a GREAT night, and a great show, and the company was fantastic. I actually can't remember going to Vegas with a group so on the same page about what to do before. It was really nice. 

Just pulled into Vegas, and got a poutine

Our view! Not bad. 




We ticked all of the Vegas boxes: ate amazing food, drank delicious drinks, gambled, saw a show, went to a buffet, laid out by the pool, I even lounged in bed until almost 8 am (ha ha ha ha !!!) both days! I actually don't have that many pictures - sometimes when you are having too much fun, you fail at taking a lot of pictures - but here are some fun ones! 

One of the best things about going away, other than realizing it wasn't scary to go away, was the joy of coming home! And unlike the olden days, James, who was home with the girls, was able to send me videos of the girls in real time, and I was sending them videos back. It was really fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment