Monday, July 11, 2016

Monday Blues

We had a solid weekend - did lots of fun stuff, almost too much fun stuff because I am TIRED this Monday morning. Sadly, James had to work Saturday but we made up for it Sunday and enjoyed some good family time together. 

Last week at Story Time


Friday I had to work from home, and the girls got to watch a lot of movies. I made up for that with some intense outside time after wrapping up with work, and figured I would wash my car while the girls played outside - they absolutely LOVED helping me so I let them go for it. They were so dirty that we had to do a bath right after ha ha. 

Swim Lessons


Our nature walk took us through the old zoo
you can go into the old cages and check out some
of the old animal set ups, its kind of creepy but fun!



Saturday my sister and I took the girls to their swim lesson, then on a "nature walk" in Griffith Park. Stroller free, we just let them run around and explore.  Josie really took to it. Alex is less into walking but after realizing I was NOT going to carry her (and a bribe of cheerios) she got into it. We then had a fun picnic, played in the playground, then had some gloriously long naps, hah!


The park at Griffith Park


Picnic time! Josie really loves wearing her sunglasses ha ha

Alex looks SO cute with her hair tied back, I kind 
of want to cut it all off and give her a Pixie Cut!

Super Josie, ready for her nature walk lol

Sunday we went downtown so James could finish with work, then we went to the Grand Park Fountain where kids are welcome to play in the water. Again, everyone had a great time and again we had a picnic (love - no mess in my house to pick up! yesss) The weather is just so gorgeous and warm and the water was a perfect temperature to keep us cool. Other than one hot week, this summer has been perfect, nice mid 80s days with lots of sunshine and cool breezes. 

Running around LA Live


Taking over the JW Marriott patio while waiting for daddy
I'm surprised they didn't come kick us out ha ha



Grand Park <3 nbsp="" p="">








I then headed out with my sister to see Brian Wilson play Pet Sounds, and a bunch of other good Beach Boys music. We had a GREAT time and I loved the excuse to be outside a little bit longer to enjoy this fabulous weather. This is summer and I love it - how do we make this last year round?!

Can't beat this view. If you look closely at the hills, you can see the Hollywood sign!


No comments:

Post a Comment