Friday, August 19, 2016

Stephanie's Wedding

I have a ton of stuff to talk about from our last trip to Montreal, but I will start with my sister's wedding, even though it was at the end of our trip!




I was **blown away** by how awesome Alex and Josie were in their roles as flower girls. They were so good. I had to put them down for an early nap, which they did with no problem (yes!) so they could be up in time for the ceremony. I don't think I heard either one of them cry all day. They even walked down the aisle like they do this every day.  They provided a bit of comedy for the ceremony, as to be expected, but were not at all disruptive. THEN! They waited while photos were being taken, and even composed themselves for some pictures at the very end. THEN!! They once again waited patiently to be introduced into the reception, and Josie walked in smiling, and Alex even did a little booty dance that made everyone laugh. So cute. 











My sister looked absolutely GORGEOUS on her wedding day. Of course she did, she would look gorgeous after a rain storm dressed in a paper bag. But seriously she found probably one of the most talented up-do stylists in the world (who unfortunately works out of Bromont, QC and not around the corner from my house), and wore a gorgeous Vera Wang dress. Her handsome husband also looked very dapper. 











The wedding party all looked great, my other sister looked beautiful, and my dad had the brilliant idea to rent some kilts and man did the guys look just fantastic in them. They perfectly matched our surroundings and the weather, as well as the bridesmaid dresses and the grooms men's suits. 








The party was fantastic - you know it must be good, they ran out of three bottles of Fireball before 10 pm. Great music. You can tell Stephanie and Dave's friends really love them, they were all so happy and having a wonderful time, and surrounded the couple with love the whole night. 







As James and I were bringing the girls back to our room to sleep, we got to see some amazing lightening and hear some thunder, and enjoyed some driving rain (it was hot, and muggy - the rain was a wonderful relief!!) So while we sadly missed star gazing during the Perseid Meteor Shower, the sky didn't totally let us down. In fact the angry clouds were a treat to watch all weekend for us "weatherless" west coasters. 

Please enjoy these photos that I stole from various others, as I was having way too much fun (or also wrangling some adorable flower girls) to take any pictures. 


No comments:

Post a Comment