Busy work week this week, but I did get to spend some time with the girls on Wednesday while my nanny was at a dentist appointment :) We ate mac n cheese, played in the yard, and blew a lot of bubbles. Josie can actually dip the bubble wand and wave it around to make bubbles - its very impressive, but no matter how long she does it for, its never enough. Wednesday was a solid 45 minutes.
 |
| They put their hats on in the hopes of going "os-eye?" |
 |
| Cuddles before bed |
 |
| Smiling Josie in her Story Time outfit! |
 |
Plastic Orange and Green Shape Also ready for Story Time |
The girls have had little attitudes lately. It has been a slow progression but its here in full force now. There are definitely things they don't like and don't want to do. Alex is very up front with her dislike and will push you away or throw her food or throw a toy or complain loudly. Josie always resorts to crying. If her faker cry doesn't work, she now has a new faker cry that sounds like the injury cry. Good times.
 |
James's coworker went to Marakesh and brought back these ADORABLE silk baby Pajamas - they are a bit big, but perfect for this recent heat wave! |
 |
| I love Alex in these two photos - she was born the part! |
Thank goodness, though, they are GREAT in public - we went out to eat on Saturday last weekend and they were totally cool for over an hour. OK there were still sippy cups dropped and protests and wanting to get out and run, but, they were far from the loudest kids in the restaurant, and overall well behaved. Can you blame them for wanting to try new stuff and discovery new things?
 |
| Are you hiding your shapes, Alex? |
 |
| The "Face Book" we made for the girls is a HIT! |
 |
| Where's grandmere? |
 |
| Where's daddy? |
James and I are good - both working hard, but getting ready to participate in our friends' wedding next week, so that will be some nice couple time together. We have plans with friends this weekend too. After the last few weeks of tummy viruses and work and separate guy and girl get togethers, we are looking forward to some couple time with friends.
 |
In their adorable Carter's Playclothes. I overshot what size the girls would be in and these are way too big, but we have summer until October here, so they need to last! |
I am enjoying keeping an eye on the Stanley Cup playoffs, I wish they were a tad bit later in the day so I could see the East coast games! I am still working towards some diet goals - a slow and steady progress, but I seem to have a bit more conviction now - the "I just had a baby" excuse is getting ridiculous now that the girls will be 16 months old. And we are working on the final details of our trip to Ottawa in October for my dad's 70th birthday, and Canadian Thanksgiving, and so that we can get all of the cousin babies together. :)
 |
I have a million pictures of the girls eating - its just so easy to photograph them when they are strapped down lol. This is while I was in Temecula, wine tasting with friends. James made these beautiful lunches for the girls :) He's such a wonderful dad!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment