Last Friday James left for a guys weekend. I had girlfriends over to watch hockey and help with the girls. About 40 minutes after they left, I started to feel off. Then I got, what I have dubbed, the "corporate flu." I started getting sick around 2 a.m. Saturday morning, and felt almost 95% by Sunday evening. As if it had coordinated with my work schedule, so as to not miss any time in the office.
Friday morning before work (aka 2 hours ago)
My sister was amazing, and risked catching the flu (which she did) and came to help out. The girls were also amazing - they were so good about just playing together, and letting me lay down on the couch. Josie came and cuddled with me, and Alex would swing by and "check" on me with a big smile. My little nurses! :D
This week, work has just been busy, and we've had some appointments and visits from friends almost every night. Last night my girlfriend Ashley, who is ready to pop with baby #2, came over with her little one, Savannah, and the girls had the best time playing! Ashley will be enjoying the baby brezza and snuggy bunny for baby Walker, due May 7!
This weekend James and I are each having some free time - I'm taking the girls for a playdate on Saturday, and he's watching them Sunday so I can go wine tasting! :D
And here is a bunch of pictures!
Josie hugging the Ovi doll - bringing it good luck?
Those eyes and that little munchkin face are the BEST!
The girls dressed up to watch the Senators game!
Reading a story with Brittany Friday morning. They are OBSESSED with putting on hats. So they had put these on themselves.
On the way to story time :D
The girls LOVE hummus. We didn't have it for a while due to the salmonella recall, but I bought a new container and they cleaned their plates because they were dipping everything in hummus.
MMmm!
Playing at the water table last Friday.
Hanging out with me on the couch while I wasn't feeling too good - they were such little angels!
No comments:
Post a Comment