Friday, December 18, 2015

Friday Update

The holidays are upon us and the office is getting quieter and quieter. Perfect timing to post an update.

The girls are really getting good at arts and crafts - their coloring is becoming more focused, not that they stay in lines, but they will choose to color something one single color and you can tell where they intended that color to go. They are also really enjoying stickers, and will ask for stickers at least 100 times a day. Same goes for going to the park, and even at bed time we are getting requests for "more park."


Our adventure to the mall to get their Santa Photo taken. 
This was their first taste of Chipotle, the day before we heard
of everyone getting sick from it! We were totally fine and the girls LOVED it.


Eating with a spoon is Josie's new favorite.
I have also gotten smart and bring baby utensils with 
me when we go out - its weird that no one has them on hand!
(I was most surprised by IKEA's restaurant not having any, 
especially because our utensils are from there!)





They are talking a ton - Josie keeps parroting everything we say. "Do you want waffles?" Josie: "Waffles!" "are the waffles yummy with syrup" Josie: "Yummy with syrup!" "Do you want me to help you put on your sweater?" Josie: "Help with sweater!" Do you need your diaper changed?" Josie: "Need diaper change!" "Look I found your paci!" Josie: "Found paci!"


Josie with a pony tail - so grown up!


First time out for pizza! At Pinocchio's in Burbank.



Speaking of paci, I am taking that thing away when she turns 2. She is getting more attached to it, in a different way than before. It used to be that it soothed her, now I think she "needs" it. So with the fear of letting that get worse, out it goes. She only uses them for nap and bed time or if we are somewhere new, so hopefully it will go ok! My plan is to cut the tip off of all of them and just tell her they are broken, but let her still take them to bed. Over a few days I will cut the tips off more and more. We shall see! 


Alex dressed up, put on the hat and headbands and wanted 
her picture taken with the tree!



Playing princess dress up!


Alex is using the potty now, and I think she is almost ready for training. I am waiting for Josie to catch up with her, as I don't really want to do training twice. Again we found a method that looks good that we are going to try (its called the 3 Day Method). I've heard a lot of success stories.

Eating cereal, a new favorite since they love food you eat with a spoon.
They also love drinking the milk out of the bowl. 
Totally ignore scrambled eggs I made them :(

Josie LOVES soup, she eats a whole can to herself. 
It combines her love of liquid food and noo noos (noodles)


Totally ignored potato latke that I made from scratch :( !


Josie helping dad make cookies
(we actually just gave her some crackers to play with)


The girls have gotten SO loving lately - They come and hug and kiss us, hug and kiss each other, and even hold hands! They were laughing to hard the other day holding hands and walking (marching?) around the house!

Anyway, I look at them lately, and I just can't get over how TODDLER they are. They are big girls. They know what's going on! I can't wait for Christmas with them!
James and I attending Tom & Becky's annual Santa Hats party!




Giggling like mad and holding hands around the house. 



All dressed up for the day Star Wars was released!
Just a bit older than I was when the original was released! Crazy!





No comments:

Post a Comment