The next chapter in our Ottawa trip involves Thanksgiving, a ride with my brother the pilot, a tour of the National Parliament Buildings, and a hike around Pink Lake.
Not a lot of photos from Thanksgiving, as we had so many family members come over to visit and meet the girls. Going back to two months ago it is really unreal to see what a difference in size the girls are - I keep saying that outfits that I took tags off for that trip, and that were big, are now super tight. They really have shot up! And of course their language skills and motor skills have also improved.
Also, I would guess that the girls would be much more into the walk now, than they were back then. Josie was loving it but Alex was NOT a happy hiker. Now that she likes to "hold hands" I think she would enjoy it more. Also, to be fair, I did not remember the hike having so many steps - I remember it being really easy! Well I guess it was when I wasn't carrying and upset 22 pound toddler!!!
Modeling thanksgiving gear :D
Playing balloon pop = they are really good at this now!
Yankee Whiskey November!
Steve prepping the plane
not 100% sure about this....
In the air!
Pink lake from above! Where we went hiking the next day!
More gorgeous Gatineau scenery!
Landing!
Little morning feet!
Tour of Parliament
My cousin is a security guard at Parliament and gave us a behind the scenes tour!
Every detail is amazing, intricate and symbolic.
pointing, and pictures of pictures!
The library
My uncle worked here until he retired. He basically knows everything.
Up in the tower - this was really high!
Looking down on the library
More pictures of many pictures
Josie posing - this photo is so cute. I found t-shirts for them that had the parliament on them. And here they are sitting IN the parliament tower, next to a picture of the tower, with the tower on their shirt lol
This is the VERY EIGHTIES inspired ceiling in the bell tower
rainy outside
The next day - on our hike. Josie has a purple hat and Alex has the black hat on
not too keen on the cold, she is getting tucked in by my mom :D
Josie takes off with uncle Steve and Aunt Stephanie, ready to have a great time!
Dad and Alex, still unsure, like x 100000
Having a little fun on the steps.
Josie baffled that anyone wouldn't just LOVE climbing 10000 steps
Alex gives up and sits on a rock lol
Alex insists that mommy carries her the rest of the way. Which was fun for a little while.
Until my arms were killing me and I had to put her down She just lost it and cried into my crotch lol
Unhappy Selfies Seriously, if we did this today, she would LOVE IT.
No comments:
Post a Comment