Monday, May 2, 2016

April Dew

What happened to the rest of April? Two weeks went by really fast. In good news, I am way ahead at work, and we are really busy with some new cases, and did a ton of cooking, finished two books, discovered a new TV show that I love and watched a full season of it, and we did a ton of fun activities with the girls. Unfortunately, that meant the blog was sacrificed a bit. 

New things: the girls have learned to open doors. So we had to get those door knob baby proof things that now keep all visiting adults from being able to open any doors, either. They are very effective. The girls' imagination play continues to strengthen - they are so fun. Alex made me hold some imaginary balloons one entire evening! Great arm exercise. Josie is very much enjoying singing (though she is NOT so good at it) perhaps some singing lessons are in order. And they still very much enjoy peek a boo, hide and go seek, riding on daddy's back ("Neigh!") and playing the "a choo" "bless you" "thank you" fake sneeze/politeness game. 


Enjoying the warmer weather and the green grass in our backyard.




Captain Josie!



The girls went with our nanny, Brittany, to see a movie at the library!
They really enjoyed it!
(though Alex does talk through all movies)


Trying on some sunglasses with Brittany and mommy!




I've been cooking from scratch more, and the girls love to pull up chairs 
and help! I give them ingredients to touch and smell and taste, mostly
trying to distract them from knives and flame!



The girls at the library enjoying some Sesame Street computer programs!
This made me remember that I didn't even touch a computer until at 
least 2nd or 3rd grade, and our task was to move a triangle on the screen
using computer language commands. Meanwhile, 30 years later....




I love this picture of Alex being SO loving to Pink Bear. 
She is just too sweet. 


Enjoying some apple sauce outside. 


Speaking of being caring - here the girls were "tucking us in" for a nap.
After a long day of work, errands, and other demands, we took them up on this. 
I actually think Jamey fell asleep for a good 30 minutes!



Getting tucked in!


No comments:

Post a Comment