Even the baby websites don't have too much new information about development over these weeks. It kind of reminds me of that boring phase of pregnancy from 15 weeks through to about 32 - ok: "You are still pregnant, maybe you feel some kicking."
This is what WebMD says: Week 22 Is there a budding scientist in your midst? This week, your baby's favorite mode for performing experiments is putting whatever he can into his mouth. He's also conducting some new tests: dropping his toys to the ground and comparing the different sounds they make when they land. Other ways to help sharpen his auditory skills: point out a plane flying overhead, or an ambulance speeding down the street.
So yes, Alex is putting everything in her mouth. Josie is a bit behind, she is just now discovering that she likes fingers in her mouth (ALL OF THEM AT ONCE), which Alex was doing a few weeks back. They haven't been dropping toys on purpose, though they aren't sitting up yet, so dropping them from a laying position seems boring.
Anyway, the fact that I really have nothing new to report this week has gotten me thinking about how long I will keep updating, and on what frequency. Clearly I am locked in for a weekly update for the first year, but when will I burn out? When will people stop reading or caring? I guess we'll see! For now I appreciate having this record of the girls' first year.
No comments:
Post a Comment