Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Five Months!!

I have two five month olds! When did this happen? As I've prepared for this post, I keep thinking "oh I have to write the four month post" - NO ITS FIVE!!! FIVE months.




I've seen some pictures of newborn babies, and of little one and two month old babies and my heart kind of skips a beat with nostalgia for those days. I have to remind myself that those were some difficult and sleepless times! But yes, as everyone promised, the difficulty and exhaustion are forgotten, and only the good and happy memories prevail.






The girls are just wonderful. I want to cuddle them all day, and smother their faces with kisses. I can't wait to get home to their little smiles every night. I love how much they are chatting with us, and watching each other - oh my goodness are they obsessed with each other now or what?! Josie stares at Alex and watches her play, then Alex will watch Josie play. Josie will kick Alex to get her to play with her, or Alex will put Josie's hand in her mouth.








They both roll up on their sides and can face each other or us or look at the toys they want to get to. they have favorite toys - Josie's rattle owl/bird (?) makes her laugh uncontrollably. Alex loves putting the dangly things on the chicken in her mouth. Alex is so close to rolling on demand - she has done it three times now but exhausts herself trying. Soon!! She is getting there. Josie really has no interest in rolling but will go up on her side to play and watch.








They both love to watch our every move. They will laugh or smile when we make silly faces or when we smile at them. They are both splashing away in the tub. They love when we read to them or talk to them.







They both are still sleeping through the night - bed time at 8 p.m. and wake up time at 7:45 a.m. with no middle of the night wake ups. I was worried about the "4 month regression" but we seem to have gotten through that with no incidents. (One night two weeks ago Josie woke up for about 30 minutes, but that was when she was sick and was super congested).













They are both starting to eat a bit more, too. We haven't yet started them on solids, but will start rice cereal at the end of this month - I was hoping to get them a bit more stable and sitting up on their own before we go down the solid food road.







Things to look forward to in the next month: possibly sitting on their own, starting rice cereal, making sounds by banging objects together, and refining the babbling!

MORE photos?!?!





No comments:

Post a Comment