Rice Cereal
I wasn't going to start the girls on "solids" until the end of the month, because you don't have to start them on solids until 6 months and it seemed like such a pain in the ass "additional" thing to add to the already very busy daily schedule. Its not like a few spoon fulls replace a bottle. However, yesterday, Lexie was smiling while watching me eat a yogurt, and laughing with every bite I was taking. The doctor had told us to watch for interest in eating, and, at the time, we laughed at the notion, but Lexie's behavior seemed to clearly fit the bill. And, I learned quickly that this new activity is filling in some of their "play" time as they seemed both entertained by it, and enjoyed the extra interaction with us. And I have to admit, I was more entertained by it all than I expected.
![]() |
| Lexie kind of had a "grossed out" look the whole time, but was a good sport! |
![]() |
| Josie was too funny, giving the cereal little test licks before allowing the spoon to go into her mouth. |
![]() |
| For real? Josie you are so cute. |
![]() |
| Well, she liked the spoon anyway! |
Josie was pretty good about "eating" a bite, but would sometimes save it in her cheeks and raspberry it back out on us a minute later. The jury is still out on whether any of the stuff was actually swallowed or whether it all ended up on bibs. Considering her obsession with watching us eat, I was surprised Lexie didn't take to it more. I am hoping that perhaps carrots or sweet potatoes later this week might interest her more - maybe she's annoyed that the new stuff tastes as bland as the old stuff ;)
Fire Alarm
So after everything we did to get a good night of sleep on Sunday - solid food, lots of jumper time, staying ahead of naps - the darn fire alarm went off in our building at 12:15 a.m. Since our building is "mix use" commercial and residential, the alarm is industrial grade, and is very very loud. Frankly I must have been in a deep sleep because I had no idea what was going on at first. The alarm is ear piercing and surely causes hearing damage, and the "quietest" spot in the house is our walk in closet, so I took the girls with me in there while Jamey investigated whether the alarm was real.
The girls were little champs and were smiling up at me despite being woken so horribly from their nice sleep. I actually thought "stop being so darn cute, this is how bad things end" = horrible thoughts, kind of like when a pilot says "I'll try to get us there quick! This is my last leg before a weekend at home!" ANYWAY, after a good 10 minutes of being stuck in the closet/death trap with the alarm still loud enough to be annoying, we brought the girls out to the car to sit out the wait. At 12:45 the firefighters let us go back in and everyone was settled and back to sleep by about 1:30. Josie needed some convincing that it was in fact still night time, and my nerves were rattled and I needed some dumb TV to clear my head. We later learned the alarm was set off by some teenagers smoking pot in a stair well. Ugh!!!
All in all, between swimming, rice cereal, and a midnight fire alarm, the girls had a very active weekend. We let them sleep in a bit this morning. :)

.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment