The last two weeks I have been meaning to write a "how I am doing" post, but I keep trying to answer that question in my head with no success, and I haven't had time to do one. We are busy here, busy at work, busy with moving and everything is happening at once.
We got the girls' stats at their six month check up:
Alex is 26.5 inches long, and weighs 17 lbs and 11 ounces. She is in the 75th percentile for height and weight! She is doing fantastic!
Josie is 25.5 inches long and weighs 14lbs and 14 ounces. She has jumped into the 25th percentile from the 10th percentile, and is doing fantastic too! The doctor was very pleased with their growth.
The girls got shots on Monday and were not themselves at all after. Josie still has the runs and Alex has been throwing up. My pamphlet said these are both normal after shots. Poor girls. Well yesterday Alex woke up with a dry diaper which is a complete no-no. She was also running a low temperature. Called the doctor and we were on "PEE WATCH 2014." She drank her bottle but threw it up at 11. By 3 pm when the doctor called, she had just a faint little bit of wetness. Thankfully that was enough to avoid a hospital visit and IV. This morning she seems very much back to her old self, and finished off a bottle, but we are still watching her and making sure she is getting enough fluids and have added pedialite to her diet.
Josie was put on a rice cereal, banana and apple diet and we are hoping that does the trick. She loved the giant bowl of rice cereal yesterday, even though frankly it smelled like cardboard. She is a weird kid and she loves the act of eating (just like her mom!)
 |
| Mwuahaha!! |
 |
| Only little shy smiles today |
We move on Monday. We are close to ready but you know how it is, it seems like you are almost done then those last details take forever. We had a ton of people helping us watch the girls last weekend and got a ton done. The only reason we stopped was because we ran out of boxes! So Sunday night turned into a pizza party. I was going to ask friends to come help again but it looks like James has the stomach flu (I would have bet good money this would happen - its called packtomovirusium) so I will just have him watch the girls while I pack and get things ready. Besides, with Alex throwing up its probably best to limit activity and exposure.
 |
This was the very first photo I took. Josie is such a ham I hardly need to take many now for the blog. The only reason I take more than a few is because she gets excited and starts squirming and moving too much! |
Work is nutso - we have a case careening towards trial and we've had to bring countless motions to get the Plaintiff's counsel to comply with very basic stuff. Well thankfully all of the motions we brought were granted, even ones I brought past the date you are allowed to bring them (YEAH!) so I have to say, we may not win the war on this one (its a long shot) but winning a few battles has reinvigorated me with enthusiasm for the fight.
What else? We've had a revolving door of contractors at the house to get it ready for us, and at the condo to get it ready for renters. We have services ready to transfer, we even got the city to fix the pot hole in the street in front of the house - good ole Burbank is so good with that kind of stuff! Its been a busy two weeks of coordinating folks and being present when we need to be.
 |
| Our lives are getting a little more boxy. |
Well I am rambling and its wake up time. Everyone is just here for pictures of the girls anyway, right? ;) I would be too. Next week our update will be coming from our new home!
No comments:
Post a Comment