Monday, July 28, 2014

29 Weeks - Better Late than Never!

(Written Saturday July 26, at 7:00 a.m.)

29 Weeks. I am sitting here, at 7 a.m. before the girls wake up, writing the blog and drinking a coffee out of a mug. A mug!!! It has been plastic cups for at least two weeks now. I opened the box with the mugs yesterday and had a moment: feelings included excitement, relief, like we are almost there. Almost turning the corner from living out of boxes and on take out, to just living.





This has been another crazy week. Josie has a fever that is hovering around 100. She is cuddly and clingy but otherwise no symptoms. Alex had an epic rash that was coming and going, so I took her to the doctor’s (it is eczema). I had a migraine that lasted from Tuesday to Friday and had to take an afternoon off to rest.





We moved on Monday and that was way more work and time than I expected. When we moved into the condo, the movers had us over in 4 hours and I was mostly unpacked by the end of the day. This time…I came over to the house with the girls and we were waiting for the movers. And kept waiting and waiting – it took them a lot longer to empty the condo than last time. It then took them a lot longer to unload the truck at the house. It seems we have accumulated some stuff! I have been taking moments since to unpack, and we’re getting there with the kitchen, and will hopefully today tackle some of the remaining rooms.  





The girls LOVE their dedicated play room – having more than just a corner of the kitchen has them really moving around. Josie is pretty much crawling. She is on her hands and knees and rocking front to back. I will take video and post it soon. She likes to kneel to play. She is obsessed with the straps on her high chair, which is awesome because she will sit in her high chair totally occupied with the straps for nice long stretches.





Both girls are really eating well now. Alex is finally on board with it, and is loving an apple-banana mix. Due to the stomach illnesses last week, we were pumping the brakes a little on new foods, but this weekend we will try cherries and green beans for the first time.






This week I noticed the girls look for each other and move towards each other to cuddle and play. And also pull hair and chomp on their sister’s baby legs and hands.





If you leave Alex alone for a second, you will find her totally rolled away from where you left her. She is FAST and can go about 10 feet while you refill your water wine. She is also sitting really well, if she is distracted, she will sit for a few minutes. Once she realizes she’s sitting, she topples over. She LOVES the full length mirror in her play room and smiles at the baby looking back at her. She is interested in everything, and is really interested in our phones (it’s amazing how young that starts, sigh). She and I had a nice date going to the doctors together just the two of us. I have to remember to do little outings with each of them solo more often, and maybe somewhere more fun than the doctor's office).




Speaking of phones – I finally upgraded my blackberry to an IPhone, which means that I can take awesome photos and videos of the girls, and that I can actually blog from anywhere now. Sweet! I’ll do some more practice runs today. Of course our new house has no cell phone service at all, so I haven’t been able to use it too much this week: we've had no internet, cable, or cell phone service since Sunday. That all changes today so we’re very excited about that! (No, it did not change Saturday, Charter is still working on it...hopefully soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment