We had a good, exhausting, weekend!
Saturday, we took advantage of the fact that everyone is generally feeling better. I am still congested but at least I don't feel like death. We decided to go to the Glendale Galleria and visit a store Jamey was interested in, and check out the kid friendly restaurant they have there, with the creepiest name ever "Giggles n Hugs." The only way to make that name worse would be to call it "Uncle Frank's Giggles n Hugs."
Anyway we failed, and the store is no longer located at the mall, and GnH was closed for a private party. So we went to the extremely kid friendly Red Robin, and I bought myself a new work top.
Alex passing the time taking some duck face selfies.
Josie was fine hanging out in her high chair, Alex was SUPER wiggly and I had to bring her up onto the bench seat with me where she went wild waving at all of the other babies and having the best time. Even though I brought them a nice sized lunch, AND gave them a formula bottle, they still ate a whole serving of french fries and a ton of my turkey burger. I have no idea where Josie is packing it away.
Sunday we stayed home and prepped for, and watched, the amazing Super Bowl. I also had to get work done all day, in between making game day food, meals, diapers, and play time.
The girls enjoying some salmon and spinach.
Josie's cheeks are red because her second top tooth is finally coming in. Alex also has her 5th and 6th teeth coming in (top two next to the middle ones). Teeth for everyone!
Josie is eating some "See Food" lol lol (never gets old!)
Here are some ridiculous selfies during the game. I made some sweet BBQ meatballs and baked mac and cheese that everyone enjoyed. Everyone LOVED Katy Perry (especially me) and the game was totally suspenseful. Commercials imo were just ok this year. I loved the one with the scene of Katie Couric trying to figure out an email address from 21 years ago. Perfect!
After the game, James gave the girls a bath while I cleaned the kitchen. He handed me Alex in her bear towel and I couldn't help but take a photo - her being all swaddled up and handed over to me with her angelic little face reminded me of the day she was born.
Then I fell asleep on the couch. The end :P










No comments:
Post a Comment