I decided on the track because I wanted to do something with the girls, and the track does have a play ground and lots of space to run around. Unfortunately it rained Sunday so the park wasn't really an option and the girls were slipping and sliding all over the wet tile. But, they had a great time and LOVED the ponies. As my sister said - the look on Josie's face when she saw the horses was worth the price of admission. They then took a nice long, cozy nap, while we kept betting on races. We got home just as it really started down pouring, had some wine and cake with friends and opened presents with the oscars on in the background (the grammys used to be on my birthday, but I guess that has changed.)
The girls playing with refrigerator magnets for the first time.
I had some made with their pictures on them and they are obsessed with them!
They were just too cute sitting there playing for so long.
My sister made the girls these crazy cute headbands with flowers
we got as part of a valentine's day gift. Alex looks SO grown up here!
The girls' nanny, Brittany, sometimes gives the girls their bath. I am so grateful for that when we only have so long at the end of the day to spend with them, get dinner made, do chores, run errands, etc. On Thursday I came home and she had put Alexandra in this adorable dress that just so happens to match her helmet perfectly! She was also carrying around her little elephant that happened to match the dress's sweater. How cute!
Josie was in a little summer shorts jumper. It was a gorgeous day, of course the temps have now dropped since my mom is visiting and must have brought the cold with her from Canada.
Boxes inside boxes = hours of entertainment
On Saturday the girls got a hold of Jamey's light saber chop sticks and
had fun sword fighting and using them as pointers.
Alex points to the catalog as Josie points to an empty box of crackers.
James bought me a Happy Birthday balloon, some flowers and a cake. I am not sure who was more excited for the balloon - me, or the girls! Alex's face just lit up when she saw it, and she was too distracted to finish her lunch. Josie then marched around the house with it. GREAT gift!
Thanks to the weather, the girls got to wear their adorable coats from Aunt Chey to the track.
The infamous slippy tile.
Burning off some energy between races!
If you look closely, you will see Alexandra all the way down
by the fence with aunt Becky and Tom. :)
Reading up on the ponies!
My friend Krista joined us with her son, Jack. I love this outtake taken while I was fixing my scarf!
Here are the girls in their awesome Cadillac stroller that fully reclines taking a nice cozy nap with their super soft fleece blankets. I think a lot of us were jealous of them.
Post race track cake!
That is a LOT of candles to blow out.
Monday was my actual birthday, and I had a really busy day. I had Alex's helmet appointment in the morning, a few hours of work, then meeting with a vendor at the condo, then back to work, then home for dinner. Poor little Alex was very sick on her way to the appointment. Its about a 35 minute drive from home, and about 2 minutes from the doctor's office she lost her breakfast. All over the car seat and car. Happy Birthday mom! Luckily, I had her in a sweater I could just zip her out of and she was fairly unscathed underneath. Also, luckily, we had a nice clean car seat right next to the one she was in - so I put her in Josie's seat and threw the messy one in the trunk. I figured we might as well get to the appointment, 2 minutes away, and use their bathroom, than turn around at that point.
Alex seemed to be doing ok at the office, and played with the toys there after we got cleaned up. I guess I can now officially say that we have stood by the side of the road and cleaned up puke!
And good news at the appointment - the specialist was very pleased with the results so far and thinks that we will be graduating in just 2 weeks! So excited for no more helmet, and no more driving to Reseda every other Monday morning!
And for making it through yet another marathon long blog post, here is a video of Josie knocking over a tower in slow motion! LOVE her little giggle at the beginning!




No comments:
Post a Comment