So the girls are both officially walking. Josie seems to forget each morning then as she figures it out she is up and running. They toddle around as if they have never known anything else. Everyone warns us that we are now "in trouble" but let me list the PROS here:
1 - no more carrying heavy babies everywhere they need to go.
2 - we went to the park this weekend and it was a whole new world - crawling in sand looks awful and gets babies so dirty, but toddling around in sand is adorable. Also dirty but not like totally disgusting.
3 - last night I was alone with the girls while James was out and said "ok bed time" and they WALKED to their bedroom. I guess this is up there with "no more carrying babies."
4 - they just look so adorable walking around like little drunk chicks.
5 - opens up a whole new world of places to take them - now they wont be stuck in a stroller at museums and the mall and other activities.
Of course I know that they will be getting into more things, and of course it will be a pain when they decide that they HAVE to walk and don't want to be in a stroller, but as a non-baby person I am embracing these little toddlers!!
How cute are these little jean skirts?!
We decided to get out of the house and go to Target. The girls were really good there, and seemed to like riding around in the cart. We let them get out and toddle around and they found some baby soccer balls.
"we refuse to both look at the camera at the same time"
The girls love the park - they love swinging and have no problem being pushed fast and high. Alex giggles uncontrollably and when I took her out of the swing pointed at it because she wanted to go back in. They love the slide - we put them on it and let them push themselves down into our arms. They are so proud of themselves when they push themselves down!
Alex as usual is really surprising us with how aware she is. On Saturday James was watching the girls while I was out with friends and Josie was crying (as she does every time she SEES her milk but doesn't have it yet) - Alex put her fingers in her ears and looked at him like "why is this happening" lol. She does yes, no, and smacks her lips if you ask her if she is hungry. She totally knows her belly. And of course is still doing hand motions to twinkle twinkle and all of her other favorites. She also knows "head and shoulders, knees and toes" even the part with "eyes, ears, mouth and nose" She is really brave.
Climbing at the park!
On the swings at the park in their stylish hats!
Both girls are testing us - they do things we say "no" to, like pulling on outlets or on the stroller, and looking at us to see if we will react. I am trying to follow some guidelines for reacting to things like this, but it can be difficult. Alex also likes to drop her food onto the floor if she is no longer interested in it. She's already a bit of a picky eater, which surprises me, I thought that wouldn't happen until much later!
I asked Josie where Alex's belly was...and this was the result!! ha ha
And a SUPER cute video James took while I was out on Saturday night :D <3 p="">
3>


No comments:
Post a Comment