Thursday, March 5, 2015

Mid Week Update!

I have absolutely no business writing this update - work is very busy for both James and I. I have 900 separate discovery requests to respond to by tomorrow (typically more like 120, so to say this is more than usual is an understatement). James is off working the annual Herbalife event in downtown Los Angeles and is so busy that he is staying in a hotel down there.


Thank goodness my mom is here this week and is helping so much with the girls! It is awesome.

We had a pretty nice weekend last weekend - Friday night we went out for my mom's birthday. We went to a dinner and a show at a Lebonese restaurant where they bring out tons of food family style while you enjoy some dancing, then belly dancers at the end of the meal. We all had a great time, though it was a bit sleepier than usual (perhaps because it was a Friday and not a Saturday night).





Ice cream with a giant sparkler in it!


Because of the inclement weather (tons of rain!) Saturday we just hung out at home, made delicious slow cooker food, went for an evening walk to the park and enjoyed each other's company.


  

Sunday, we packed up and went to the zoo! The zoo was delightfully empty thanks to the threat of rain at 1 p.m. The girls were so funny this time, now that they walk and "talk," pointing at all of the animals and calling them "dogs." I'm not sure whether to correct them or to just enjoy this while it lasts.
Its a big dog!!

When we first walked into the zoo, I had no idea what to expect - would they simply let us wheel them around in the stroller while we pointed at things? Or would they get excited as they do when they see a dog being walked past the house? It took them a minute but by the time we reached the kangaroos they were pretty darn excited. The monkey exhibit had Alex full on belly laughing in excitement.


Lunch at the zoo was great - we gathered around a table with some high chairs and the girls not only ate the sandwich I had brought for them, but gobbled up half of aunt Becky's sandwich, a ton of my pizza, and most of my mom's french fries, AND a cookie each. Unbelievable. I don't know where they are putting it, but they sure are growing.
Playing with super heroes!

Speaking of - yesterday they turned 14 months old, and I officially put them in some 18 month sized outfits. Yes they were too big, but their 12 month stuff looks ridiculous on them. In fact I think the 12 month leggings are down right inappropriate at this point ha ha. The 12-18 stuff is fitting them great, and thank goodness for 12 - 18 Baby Gap which is fitting them perfectly right now! So adorable!

I LOVE this photo!! 




14 months!
The girls' vocabulary now includes: Dog, Ball, Bird, Duck, That, Dada, and Fish "fshhh". "That" is said mostly while pointing to random things, and I believe is always in the form of a question. Alex is a professional at "Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes" They can both find their bellies, and yours. They are signing the word "more." They are getting better at using spoons and bowls, and all meals are now on plates (easier to toss onto the floor!) Speaking of, Alex has been naughty with her tossing of food on the floor - we are working on different techniques to get her to stop (mainly, ignoring the behavior to discourage it).

Cuddling with Grandmere before bed

No comments:

Post a Comment