Thursday, March 26, 2015

Where did the Babies go??

I took Alexandra to the doctor's today to have her lingering cough checked out. We were getting worried since it is going on 4 weeks now of a steady unchanging cough. The doctor diagnosed an upper respiratory infection and acute bronchitis, and decided to give Lexie a round of antibiotics, as at this point it is a 50/50 chance of being bacterial. We aren't big antibiotics fans so we are deciding what to do - wait and see if there is improvement or go ahead with the treatment?








Of interest - Alexandra weighed in at 21 lbs and 12 ounces. Two months ago, at her 12 month check up, she weighed the exact same amount. Crazy!! She sure feels like she's gotten heavier, and I definitely can tell she has gotten taller, but just looking at those 1 year pictures I do see the baby leg rolls which have since disappeared. 






Just this morning I was wondering where our babies went. I remember around December bottle feeding the girls and thinking "enjoy this time with them, its going to be over soon" gosh I had no idea how soon. The girls ditched the bottles around 13 months and haven't gone back. They drink sippy cups of milk with their meals, and they do not want you to help them with them! Forget trying to cradle one of them - they are not having it! Little Miss Independent A and Little Miss Independent J. 





I was thinking about what the next baby to kid step is and its probably potty training. Well let me tell you I will NOT MISS diaper changes. If you don't have kids, the issue with diaper changes isn't 100% related to bodily fluids. I mean a few times in the very beginning that was an issue, but not so much anymore. Now its just the constant wriggling and twisting and fighting involved with trying to remove the soiled diaper to replace it with a clean one.






So yeah, I think everything baby, that I will actually miss, is gone. It makes me a lot sad to think about it. And it doesn't just "happen so fast" - that's not what hurts your heart. Its that it just happens and you don't realize it. You don't really have that moment of "this is the last time I am going to feed you your bottle" or "this is the last time I am going to rock you to sleep" or "this is the last time I will watch you crawl across the room." Oh sure, with every loss there are gains, and I wouldn't give up the big wet kisses I am getting now for anything. 



No comments:

Post a Comment