Our weekend didn't go exactly as planned with swimming and hikes because I woke up feeling totally under the weather on Saturday. Thankfully, I hadn't paid for swimming lessons in advance, so we could skip those guilt free. Josie was still sniffling, too, so it seemed like it was the best for everyone.
It was a SUPER HOT weekend. I embarrassed everyone by going out with my stark white legs in black shorts. And by everyone, I mean my husband. ;) James and I did get to go out Saturday for a few drinks with friends, a date night was long over due. I just wish I had been feeling a bit better for it! Case in point - I was home and in bed by 9:30.
Sunday morning we decided to go to the park at 8:30 a.m. before it got too hot. The girls had otherwise been cooped up inside. That was when I realized we had almost no 12-18 clothes that were summer friendly. The girls have been getting big for size 12, so I have been buying them 18-24 in the summer styles. So Josie is sporting a 6-12 dress, with some size 24 shorts underneath (That were comically too big) And Alex has on a onesie I got on sale at the end of last year's summer season, and some size 18 shorts, which actually fit her pretty well! I think she just had a growth spurt because she is so tall all of a sudden.
The girls are about 17 days out from the end of a "wonder weeks" and it is really showing - lots of testing boundaries, needing to be carried and cuddled, super hungry one minute, then not eating anything for a few meals. Sleep is still good but naps are kind of a mess as they transition from 2 to 1 (maybe?! who knows). Its all good, but a bit tiring for all of us! The WWs tend to end a little early, so here is hoping for that to happen once again!
 |
| Josie ran away from us before getting her second shoe on. |
 |
| It was pretty cute, glad I got it on camera! |
 |
Playing with some sand toys - and some tupperware, because I haven't found a single sand bucket anywhere!!! |
 |
| Josie LOVED the slide - though it was making us all staticky and electric! |
 |
I LOVE how Josie is looking at her dad here - so much love in her eyes. She has been such a lovable sweetheart lately (especially with her snotty kisses! Which I happily take even though I know that's why I am sick right now. |
 |
| stirring the sand! |
 |
| They LOVED swinging together! |
 |
| YEAH!!! |
Sunday afternoon, our friend stopped by and brought the girls little stuffed dogs.
This one is Josie's (named Bandit) and she fell in LOVE with it right away.
Alex put it on the chair and touched its nose.
 |
| Then showed off her size 18-24 outfit that seems to fit pretty well. |
 |
| Josie snuggling Bandit and laughing hysterically. |
 |
| And also looking like a little girl. No babies here, mom. |
No comments:
Post a Comment