Trying the costumes out the night before.
Lucky for me, the shoes I got them for our xmas family
photos just also happened to match their owl costumes!
The girls protested every time we put their Owl costumes on, but ultimately they wore them for a while at the party. It was 90 degrees though, so I didn't put the pants on them (they just had onesies on under the costume) and I took the thick felt costumes off after an hour (well, Alex came and told me she was hot, so off it came, and I didn't blame her!).
Josie wanted to pat the dogs - she finally did later that day!
We had full intention of not staying too long and going trick or treating, but the party was so much fun we ended up staying quite a while. We came home, relaxed, then prepped the house for handing out candy. Becky and Tom brought over some dinner and we started to put on costumes. James was handing out candy and Alex got SUPER into it - she was excited to open the door for trick or treaters, to hand out candy, look at costumes and finally, got bold enough to run down the street and point out pumpkins and spider decorations.
It had been getting late so I had changed the girls into pajamas, but nevermind, we decided to grab their pumpkin buckets and take them to the neighbors houses for some candy! Alex loved it, Josie seemed to kind of get it, but was probably annoyed that we had taken her away from Daniel Tiger. Alex got home and dumped her bucket onto the carpet to see what she had gotten. Where did she learn to do this?! Love her so much.
James, Becky, Tom and I went off to our Halloween costume and birthday party (Happy Birthday Simone!!) and had a great time. I finally got to show off my hours of work on my owl costume! I had a fun time putting it together and wearing it, and we had a blast at the party. I had a drink that came in a pineapple, so yeah, it was fun.
Makeup!
Josie wanting in on the photos!
I intended to wear my costume with the girls in theirs,
but it never happened. Ah well, next year!
Here are a few pictures from the Burbank Boo Bash the week before Halloween - a little toddler friendly event with booths and crafts set up, and a little toddler costume parade. Again the girls were NOT INTO dressing up so we ditched our intended clown costumes and put them in these dress up clothes they have worn a few times. The Boo Bash had a bake sale and all 4 of us shared 1 cupcake - I seriously had no idea that 1/4 of a cupcake could make such a (cute) mess!!
Lining up for the costume parade!




























No comments:
Post a Comment