Even before we found out we were having two kids at once, I had been on the fence about my OB - I have a hard time understanding him, he seems wacky, the sparkly cow boy boots, and ancient office equipment. When we found out we were having two, one of his office assistants said "we've never had twins before!" and of course that made me very worried about the situation there.
I asked my specialist about My OB and he had no problem with my OB. and wondered why the office assistant would have said such a thing.
Today I went to my wonderful primary care physician (PCP) to see about changing obstetricians. My PCP Dr. walks in and asked me what my issues are, and after telling her, she tells me she is also pregnant with twins! Due 3 weeks after me. She let me know that she is also seeing my same OB, and is very happy with him, his availability and his over precaution. She prefers him to other offices because he calls or texts her back right away if anything is wrong.
We realized we had both heard of each other: she had been told there was a lawyer pregnant with twins who brings in a yellow pad of questions, and I had been told there was a Dr. pregnant with twins. Too funny.
Anyhow, I am now feeling very comfortable with my medical team: my specialist at USC medical center is AMAZING and even my primary care physician chose my OB over all other options in Burbank for her twin pregnancy. We are in good hands, babies!
No comments:
Post a Comment