Sunday, September 8, 2013

Who would have thought?

There is a lot of construction going on in our condo - long story short, due to a building-wide settlement with the builder, tubs & showers are being fitted with proper water proofing and support, along with many other projects.

Our guest bathroom is complete and they have now moved to the master bath. The master shower was "hot mopped" on Friday - a process that essentially means laying a thick layer of a water proof tar substance under the shower pan to avoid water leaks and mold. It smells and it smells toxic and probably not great for pregnant ladies.

So Friday night we decided to "camp out" in our living room. I blew up the "camping" mattress on the living room floor and slept there while James took the couch. Many pregnant women complain about aches and pains while sleeping, which I have definitely been suffering from. Well, our crappy camping mattress that I had marked for the trash has been the best two nights of sleep I have had for a while! I guess sinking into it as the air escapes is helping my hip and sciatic nerve pain. I may hold on to this mattress for just a while longer.

In other "lame things pregnant ladies do" news - I made James download a baby heart monitor app on his IPhone and after about 20 minutes, we were able to locate baby B's heart, then another 10 minutes of searching found baby A's heart (we think, who knows, could be my pulse). But very nice to have some (perhaps fabricated) peace of mind knowing all is good in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment