People tell you it goes by quickly - I think the best thing I have heard is that the weeks go by fast, but the days go by slowly. I think this is particularly true when you are day dreaming of sleeping longer than an hour and a half at a time. The girls are keeping us on our toes - some nights they skip a feeding and sleep 5 hours (never the same night, in fact I don't even think Lexie has done this yet, usually it is Josephine). Other nights, at least one is up the whole night, whether its for replacing a pacifier or grunting or needing some back rubs. Last night was a great night for me - both girls ate every 3 hours (12, 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9...) but they went right back to sleep after each feeding and didn't need any attention in between.
Lexie is really paying attention to toys hanging from her play mat/gym. Its fun to interact with her! Josie keeps expanding her expressions when we talk to her, and even cracks a bit of a smile. She can really lift her head up so high, but hates to do it on demand, like when we have her do tummy time. She is a real character and we love love love her quirkiness. She had her eyes wide open the whole time on our walk yesterday - I know she can't see very far but she seemed intrigued with what was happening. Meanwhile, our good baby Lexie slept with a little smile on her face. Just too precious.
| More of Josie to come |
I call Lexie my "baby" - her cry is the quintessential baby cry sound you hear in movies. Its so sweet it hardly calls you to attention. She is a little round cannon ball and feels like a baby should and makes fun baby noises and snuggles when we hold her. She is just so sweet and innocent, and looks up at us with big trusting eyes. She has grunting baby syndrome and is the noisiest baby I have ever met - but its super cute. She's 6 weeks old and I already feel like she's trying to follow the rules - for example she is up and ready to eat every 3 hours, just as she is supposed to be. She takes a bottle or nurses with no problem. She is usually patient when we change her or put her in swaddles or silly outfits. She takes her pacifier but doesn't usually need it and wont typically cry for it.
Josie is an old soul stuck in a baby's body. She is constantly giving us looks of suspicion, and seems like she is ready to get up and go. She has so many funny quirks - she is long and skinny, and her giant eyes are constantly open and looking around, and have been since the day she was born. Her long skinny arms flail around when she sleeps. She always has her legs straight and stiff out in front of her. She has a voice and uses it, she absolutely will let you know if she is not happy with what you are doing - she hates diaper changes and being cold. I seriously consider putting in ear plugs to change her diaper. Ear piercing. I call her my kitten because of her cry and just general demeanor. Thankfully she doesn't usually cry for no reason. She tries hard to smile and has even cracked a few by accident, and she will give you little cuddles, but its on her terms and when she is in the mood!
No comments:
Post a Comment