The girls are also noticing things - watching things that you put in front of them and kind of looking at us. They have also been holding their pacifiers and grabbing my hair. This is fun!
Alexandra suffers from Grunting Baby Syndrome - yes seriously. She doesn't know to relax her pelvic floor to poop. She grunts a LOT. Constantly. We look forward to her learning to handle this on her own, usually around 10 weeks old. In the meantime...grunt grunt!
Here are the girls at 5 weeks wearing the outfits I stupidly brought to the hospital to bring babies home in...I mean they do say "5 - 8 lbs" on the label, and I was told the babies would be 5+ lbs! They are even baggy on them today. Oh well, they are VERY cute in them!
Both babies are also super gassy. According to my baby 411 book, this passes (no pun intended) around 6 weeks. They have also started to spit up...a lot. This lasts until 6 months old. I guess both James and I are going to have to learn to live with this for a while!
At class on Wednesday, Alexandra weighed in at 6 pounds, 11 ounces!! And Josephine weighed 6 pounds, 5 ounces! They are both on track and gaining appropriately. Happy mom.
It sure seems like we are just "waiting out" a lot of unfavorable stuff: gas, spit up, grunting baby syndrome, night feedings. Yup. This phase pretty much sucks. Good thing the girls are so cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment