Saturday, November 15, 2014

45 weeks - time for a countdown?

7 weeks until the girls turn 1. James and I were talking about this last night, and yes it very much does feel like we've had two babies for almost a year now. Time is measured by our sore backs and shoulders and exhaustion. I'm as excited to climb into bed at 10 pm as Alex is to snuggle with her "guy" at nap and bedtime.
Alex's "lovey" gifted by my uncle Andre and aunt Diane

Their birthday isn't heavily looming over us, I feel like I came to terms with not having babies anymore weeks ago. Babies don't say hi while they wave at you, run around your kitchen, demand to be read specific books and sung certain songs. No.  Its the fact that within the next 7 weeks Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are going to happen. 














It has been very seasonably cool for Los Angeles this year, so it should feel a lot more like Thanksgiving and Christmas. Though it does not. Not at all. Last year, these holidays snailed by so slowly as we anticipated meeting the nuggets and hoping they didn't come too early. This year the holidays seem to be coming at us like a Mack truck. 













Speaking of not having babies anymore, I am now reading the next books on raising toddlers. Oh. My. God. I don't know if these books are purposefully overly warning us that it will be bad bad super bad so that we feel like "oh this is easy!!" or if they speak the truth. If everything reported is to be believed, I might crawl into a hole until January 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment