Friday, November 14, 2014

Home Alone!

Our nanny is on a well deserved break celebrating her anniversary in Vegas! YAH!!! Especially after the last few weeks, she totally needs some R&R!

So yesterday and today, James and I are tag teaming. He took Thursday to work from home, and we had our sitter come for a few hours when the girls are usually up and playing so he could actually work from home. I took today off. I could have worked from home but instead I decided to fill the day up with Dr. appointments. The girls are getting shots in the morning and then going in for their helmet fitting this afternoon.

I wasn't sure if I was going to mention the helmets on here, but you know what? Its going to be a part of our lives for the next few months, so might as well. There is nothing embarrassing about the fact that we have decided to address some cosmetic issues. These may go away on their own, but you know what, what if they don't? Its similar to getting braces - totally cosmetic but better done now than waiting. Insurance is covering it 100% so we decided to proceed.

The appointment will take about 1.5 hours and the office is 40 minutes away. And I will have to drag us all there for follow ups every one or two weeks till we are done. What a pain. in. the. ass. I actually cried yesterday because I am going to miss smelling and kissing their heads. That's ok - they get one hour off a day and that will definitely be during mommy time! I am really hoping that their sleep is not interrupted by the helmets - yes they wear them to bed: 23 hours a day.

Anyway, the girls are having their morning nap now and I am prepping our stuff for all of our outings today. And here is an adorable video of Alex from this morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment