Saturday, November 22, 2014

46 Weeks! Guest blog by Aunt Becky!

This week's blog is guest written by my sister, Becky! Thank you Aunt Becky!! :) xoxox


Hello!

Let me introduce myself! My name is Becky and I have the incredible privilege to be an Aunt to Alex and Josie. Earlier this week Roxanne asked if I would like to write a guest blog at the same time as I happened to be uploading pictures from this past year from my phone onto my computer. As I watched different photos import, I couldn't help but realize how special it has been to get to see the these little girls become their own individual selves week by week. I guess it never really crossed my mind that they would be born with some of their personality, but that they would also grow into some other facets of it. And I think that has been the most interesting part for me!

 I usually stop by at least once, if not a few times a week, to say hello, get a few cuddles, help with a bottle or two, and get in some play time. While who they really become as they grow older remains to be seen (and frankly, all our personalities are ever evolving, aren't they?) there are a few things I'd love to share about these girls:

Josie Jo is a ball of energy that needs to be on the GO! Since the moment she opened her big blue eyes it seemed to me that she had somewhere else to be. She's constantly looking out the window, and rushes to the door when people walk in. It's as if she needs to know where you've been and if you can take her there! She may be an adventurer at heart! She's also not shy (a blessing and a curse, maybe?) and endeared herself quickly to my Boyfriend Tom recently when she crawled up to him and demanded that he walk her around the room.












Alex (Lexie Loo) is a little more reserved than Josie, but no less curious. She is definitely a little more shy, but once she's comfortable, playtime with her is a wonderfully personal one-on-one experience. I love how she loves to look at and study objects you share with her, and how she reaches out to touch the faces close by (this is where she endeared herself to Tom by touching his beard.) There's something so deep in her eyes when she's studying your face. Helping her learn to clap is one of my fondest memories of these past few months, and watching her light up when you sing "if you're happy and you know it" is just heartwarming.



Editor's note: the talent was NOT in the mood this morning!










I'm not at all sure if these little personality traits are going to stick with them as they mature and grow, but I look forward to seeing who they become, and reflecting back to this special time when I got to share in so much of their lives!


2 comments:

  1. You've described them so well and now I feel like I need a visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, AJ! I had so much fun writing the blog. And Roxanne's added touch of the video from the day they were born made me tear up in my office a little bit! I, too, now need a Josie and Alex fix!

      Delete