Saturday, January 10, 2015

12 Month Check Up

I am having one of those days. We have an incredibly busy weekend ahead of us with a ton of activities planned. The kind of weekend I thought was in our past after having kids - for some reason I imagined our lives with children would be more about hanging out at home. What was I thinking?

Anyway, its the kind of Saturday morning where I am so restless about the weekend that I am up at 5 a.m. after 45 minutes of not being able to sleep attacking my to-do list. Because on top of planning a million things this weekend, what was supposed to be our first restful weekend after the holidays, I decided to sell all of our infant strollers and car seats. So now these need to be clean and presentable by Sunday when some wonderful pregnant-with-twins couple comes to take a look. *The positive in all of this is that I was able to buy the Cadillac stroller I have had my eye on for about 5 months.

Last night while taking apart our infant seats to wash them, I realized we were actually leaving the house today.  So at 10 p.m. I finally took our next step seats out of the box and installed them in the dark. That's how they recommend you do that, right? (By the way, these next step seats are HUGE.)

And let me just add to that that I have 4 blog posts in the works, including those covering my dad and Stephanie's visit and the girls' first birthday party. Hopefully up soon but work and home have been very busy!

Yesterday we had the girls' 12 month check up. The girls are doing great and the doctor was very pleased with their progress. The doctor was thrilled to see the improvement in Alexandra's head shape. Josie's goes without saying as she was never really the focus of concern.

Checking out mom's purse charm while waiting for the doctor.
I was really surprised by how much the girls weigh - they haven't gained much since their last appointment. They just seem a lot heavier ha! That said, I guess that's normal because they checked in totally normal for both height and weight. Here is a comparison:

Alexandra at 9 months:
Weight: 20.04 pounds   Height 27.5 inches (75%)
Alexandra at 12 months:
Weight: 21.13 pounds   Height 29.5 inches (75%)

Josephine at 9 months:
Weight: 17.07 pounds   Height 27.0 inches (25%)
Josephine at 12 months:
Weight: 19.10 pounds   Height 29.0 inches (50%)

Josie is catching up to Alex now that Josie is eating so much more food (she was never a fan of formula). Josie is like a shark and will just keep eating no matter how much you put in front of her. Kind of like her mom. Alex hadn't started crawling at her 9 month check up, so now that she is practicing her walking and crawling all over the place, she is probably getting more exercise.

The girls also got more shots, which was a surprise to me as I was told we had a break for a while with no shots. Oh well. Wow did they hate them. Its so sad to see how upset they get. But after this measles outbreak at Disneyland I am not taking any chances. How awful!

We also had the doctor check Josie's ear for cake - I am happy to report she was cake free!



No comments:

Post a Comment