Saturday, January 3, 2015

52 Weeks!

And what a year it has been! Here are some highlights, and a lot of pictures:





We've been through quite a bit this year. Sleepless nights - I honestly didn't think those would end and almost lost it there for a little while. Poops - I couldn't begin to count how many diapers we've changed this year! Spit up - probably the most stressful thing about a newborn for so many reasons, glad we've gotten past that. Smiles - just when you think you have hit a wall, that little bundle of intestines in your arms that you've been keeping alive smiles up at you and everything changes. Coos - nothing is better than little baby noises, I dare you to try to come up with something.








Breastfeeding - I am so grateful I was able to give that gift to my children and while it wasn't always easy I look back at that experience fondly. Bottles - not sure how we would have made it without the Baby Brezza! Solid food - I will never know why its called "solid food" and not something more appetizing or descriptive, since it really is just a pile of mush; not very solid, but what an adventure that is! The hardest I've laughed this year is when the girls have tried new things - and hated them. Puffs - I had never heard of these things and now I don't think I could live without them. 














Kicky Piano - baby's favorite toy and the songs will haunt your mind and make you dream of trips to Vegas. Jolly Jumper - I'll never forget the look of "freedom" in Josie's eyes when we first put her in that thing. Push walker - Oh the endless hours of turning babies around when they hit a wall. Blocks - hitting two blocks together equals hours of entertainment. Swimming - so fun! I'm so glad we spent some family time in the pool, and went and did baby swim classes. Story Time - something every parent should do, we still sing the songs and rhymes to the girls who get excited to do hand motions back with us.  








Colds - baby colds are so sad, they can't tell you what's wrong and you feel like an ass guessing. When either mom and dad get sick the whole well oiled machine comes to a halt and everyone just stops down and deals with it. Shots - watching babies get shots is seriously the worst. Helmets - not as bad as I thought it would be but looking forward to it being over! Gastros - ugh!!! Just remember, BRAT diet. (Banana, Rice, Apple, Toast). 












Endeavor - our first far outing with the girls, go big or go home! The Zoo - so much fun for everyone, endless hours of baby pointing, and they have beer and wine.  Restaurants - the girls have always loved just hanging out at restaurants and watching what was going on, now that they are eating, we have to apologize on our way out for the state of the floors. Trip to Connecticut - while we were crazy to take that on, we did it and it was a success!





















Oh and there is so much more, and so much more to come. Happy 52 weeks, little ladies, and looking forward to your big birthday, tomorrow, and 52 more adventurous weeks to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment