Tuesday, January 28, 2014

8:26 on a Tuesday Morning


Its 8:26 a.m. on Tuesday, January 28, 2014. Poor Josie is on her third outfit - she peed through her diaper while I was feeding her at 6:30 a.m., then while I was feeding her sister at 7:30 a.m., Josie spit up all over her new outfit and bedding. Poor girl looks a little defeated. I feel a little defeated, not with all the outfit and bed changes, but just the fact that it took 2 hours to get the two girls fed and diapers changed. The cycle will begin again at 9:30.

The girls and I after taking a nap yesterday, January 27. 

My mom has been here since Saturday and it has been very nice - especially with helping James and I break the "shift routine," that had been working really well, but couldn't last forever! We are now kind of going to bed at 9/10 p.m. and waking up at 7/8 a.m. and handling the three night feedings together. Though James is going back to work on Monday, so we will need a new routine then. He is sleeping 8 hours now, but wakes up at 10/11 a.m. so clearly that wont work.

Dad with his little ladies on January 7.
The girls are not exactly on a schedule, but since they eat every 3 hours or so, they eat at 11ish, then again at 3ish and again at 6ish. Last night it was more like midnight, 4 a.m. and 7 a.m. Josie is in a growth spurt and is eating a lot more often than Alexandra.

No comments:

Post a Comment