Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!!! Bump Day **37 WEEKS!!**

When we found out we were having twins, we did not think we would make it to 2014 still pregnant, but here we are!! We are so excited to have made it this far and can't wait to welcome our healthy babies in the new year.

We had a fun New Year's Eve! We first had our friends Melinda and Kenchy over with their son for a visit, and they brought the nuggets a baby swing that is apparently magical! We hope it works as well on our little guys as it did with their son!

Later, Dan and Jil came over with tons of great food, and we chatted and snacked on amazing cheese (Jil's mom is a cheese connoisseur and had brought selected cheeses to Jil the week before, they were all amazing!).  We had fun watching the ball drop show, but I do not remember that show being SO AWFUL!!! No wonder we go out every year, because the TV programming is not strong.

Happy 2014!!!!




Its Wednesday so its bump day! I'm cheating a bit, and took these last night before we had our friends over for New Years.

37 weeks!
I am wearing the beautiful costume jewelry that my wonderful husband gave me for Christmas - yay for adjustable rings!



Here are a few fun side shots, because who doesn't want to see this freak show?

37 weeks, measuring 42




I have to again thank my mom for her genetics, as I am staying pretty free of any stretch marks. I have a few very faint lines around my belly button but they are hardly noticeable, and, if the end is as near as we think it is, then they probably wont get too much worse. Let me tell you, compared to other women in my online support group, this is amazing.


I don't even know where to start with how I am feeling this week - I am swelling like crazy in my feet, legs and hands, and the best way to deal with that is to really elevate my feet, so I have my feet resting on 4 couch cushions right now. I am also drinking as much ice water as I can handle, which means that once I am cozy in my pillow fort, I have to get up to use the bathroom every 30 minutes.

Any sort of movement is painful - in my tail bone, legs and hips, and of course my back if I stand too long (5 - 10 minutes). I want so badly to prepare for the babies' arrival but its literally back breaking. The belly is basically its own thing now, and is just pulling on my body in all directions. The best way to alleviate the body aches is taking baths, so I've been taking nice hot bubble baths as often as possible, and thanks to the Ipad and Netflix, I just hang out in there for hours watching TV! I actually feel very spoiled enjoying the long relaxing baths.

I have thankfully learned to manage any acid reflux and heart burn, so that has been much less of an issue. The key is watermelon, and avoiding vegetables later in the day or eating right before bed time.

YUP, I am ready for this to be over!! I am so happy we've been able to do everything we could to get these little guys as ready as they will ever be for the outside world. They are now considered "full term" even for SINGLE babies! Its time for mom to have her body back, and for everyone to meet these little buddies. So, we're hoping this is the last Wednesday bump day post ;) Oh gosh I really hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment