Monday, December 30, 2013

An Imminent Finale

We had two appointments today.

First we went to the O.B.. I found free street parking, score because I had no cash on me. I got to walk a block outside, which was really nice, Los Angeles has had gorgeous weather the last two weeks.

Blood pressure and weight gain were all great, and I'm measuring 42 weeks, so a bit on the small side for twins. I'll take it.

My doctor walks in and says "you are 37 weeks on Thursday! Let's schedule to get the babies out that day!" Me "NO!!"

I went into full panic mode and was practically pleading for that not to happen. The doctor repeated several times that if I had even a single complaint of discomfort, he would deliver the babies, that the babies would be fine with likely no NICU time at this point. I kept responding with "let's wait till next week."  He finally conceded that he absolutely cannot schedule an elective c-section without patient consent, and since I was clearly NOT consenting, there would be no elective Thursday c-section. He did threaten to call my specialist to see if the specialist would agree that the babies should be delivered soon. I didn't get a call back from the O.B. so I guess no news is good news. My next appointment is Monday, January 6th.

I then went over to the hospital for our twice weekly Non Stress Test - both the babies passed the test faster than they ever have, with the usually quiet and uncooperative baby A passing within 10 minutes, and B passing soon after.  I didn't pass as well and had a few very mild contractions while being monitored - I am blaming this 100% on the stressful appointment with my O.B. I felt fine about an hour later when I was home and relaxing. Next Non Stress Test is Thursday, January 2nd.

To recap: our obstetrician is ready to deliver these babies.  The babies are fine and happy as clams where they are. I need to mentally prepare myself for something to happen soon. Time to finish packing the hospital bag, ya think? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment