Monday, December 16, 2013

Tired and Cranky

As of yesterday, and according to charts, the babies each weigh 5 lbs. We will be able to confirm that tomorrow at our growth scan. They feel like 5 lbs, let me tell you, I just emptied the dishwasher and thought my back was going to break in half.

I totally cursed myself last night and told Becky how lucky I've been to not have to sleep in a seated position. Well...guess who was woken up almost puking bile*?? THIS GIRL!!! I took my prescription Pepcid and some Tums and propped myself up on the couch with a "snoogle" folded in half and surrounded by a pillow fort, and slept there for two hours before climbing back into bed. It was not a great night. Between that and the tremendous hip pain (way worse than when I ran the L.A. Marathon!!) and bathroom breaks, there was no real sleep to be had.

*I apologize, that is disgusting to share. But it happened, so there it is. Also, to be fair, I have spared the blog from much worse.

Snoogle, and proper use of snoogle which has never worked for me since my hands fall asleep.
And, frankly, this would be fantastic if I didn't have to get up so many times in the night. 
I know when the babies come it will be hard to sleep, I know this. But there is a difference between your body revolting against you in every way causing the quality of sleep to be so poor versus being woken up (often) from good sleep. I am so overtired now I am like a 3 year old who needs a nap, and will cry at the dumbest things.

Every day I tell myself "three more weeks" - 21 days - we can do this. I know that means nothing when its the same number every day, but eventually that will start to countdown! And 21 days seems totally manageable. Sort of. Ask me again if I have a few more nights like last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment