Thursday, December 5, 2013

Happy 33rd utero-week, babies!!!


You are now, apparently, each the size of a durian fruit. What the hell is a durian fruit?
This lovely couple is modeling a pair of these things for us:


I have heard of these fruits, they are usually banned from taxi cabs, and other locations, because they smell so bad. Hopefully the babies don't smell bad. Well who knows. Remember that time Han Solo cut open the tauntaun and stuck Luke inside it to sleep? I remember that smelled pretty bad. 

*also note geeky twin reference: Luke and Leia of Star Wars!

NO DURIANS!!
Anyway, I digress. Babies are about 17.2 inches each, and weighing about 4.23 lbs each. So we've got almost 8 and a half pounds of baby going on. Again, from now on, they are just packing on the pounds and fattening up for the real world. Their lungs are going through their final development - which we got to see on Tuesday as both babies were "practicing" breathing. We could see their little chests moving up and down rythmically. The doctor was psyched about this, so I guess our babies were already being awesome. Duh. It was very cool. By 34/35 weeks, their lungs should be ready to breath real air and our chances of NICU time will drop significantly.

I think we've got a few good weeks left in us. The doctor thinks Christmas, based on our one-baby due date of January 23, but I am feeling like we will make it to January. What say you? Enter your guess here! I guessed a while ago that it would be January 2nd, and I will stick to that. Though every day I wake up and think, yes, we can do another month! So perhaps it will be January 5th. We shall see. 

Belly Button update: STILL IN. 

And the Photobucket of all of the baby images are still located here

No comments:

Post a Comment